The Student Room Group

Adult nursing BCU course!

Heyy I'm starting adult nursing at BCU this September, I was just wondering how the whole layout of the course is, like how many months theory and how many months placement? 😊 And anyone doing adult nursing at BCU this September? Xxx also how long are the holidays? X
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by rabs143
Heyy I'm starting adult nursing at BCU this September, I was just wondering how the whole layout of the course is, like how many months theory and how many months placement? 😊 And anyone doing adult nursing at BCU this September? Xxx also how long are the holidays? X

Your timetable won't be finalised until just before your course starts. Your course will be 50:50 theory and placement but the organisation often depends on the number of students accepted and placement availability. It's not unusual for students to only get their timetable when they actually arrive at the university.
Reply 2
7 weeks holiday across the year. We have blocks of placement and uni.Last sept i started at adult nursing at bcu and had uni until xmas. 2 weeks off and then placement. Finished placement in march then back to uni until may. Then placement until august. Then CAP. Feel free to ask any more questions you have :smile:
They gave us our 3 year timetable on induction week.
Welcome to bcu!
I will be starting adult nursing at BCU too this September, and I must say that I'm very anxious and excited at the same time!!!
Reply 4
Hi,I have got place at BCU to study Adult Nursing. Can some tell me how the Year 1 time table looks like? Thank you very much.Tewe
Original post by Tewe
Hi,I have got place at BCU to study Adult Nursing. Can some tell me how the Year 1 time table looks like? Thank you very much.Tewe

hiya, do you mind me asking what A-levels you took? im thinking of going to BCU too x
Heya I’ve applied for adult nursing at BCU for jan 2021!
Reply 7
Hi Hiya, I did not take A-Level. I have another qualifications from abroad.
Reply 8
Original post by Tewe

What questions did u get asked
Reply 9
Original post by Gabbiiexox
Heya I’ve applied for adult nursing at BCU for jan 2021!

Original post by lexi0766

Heya, I can't even remember as I ended up going to UCB instead.
Guess the questions would be similar though.
-Know the 6Cs and NHS values/constitution
-Why that field of nursing
-What would make you a good nurse
-How have you worked in a team before
-SHOW OFF YOUR PERSONALITY, they're not looking for a ready made nurse, they want someone that's willing to learn and has the right attitude to be made into a great nurse.
Hope that helps, any other questions message me on insta @dentaltoadultnurse 🥰

Quick Reply