cherlyne
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I was initially quite certain about applying to do law at Cambridge. However, I just got my AS grades (they contribute 50% to my A-levels) and I got AAB. I've been predicted A*AA. But with these AS grades, should I even bother applying? I know law at Cambridge is really good but really competitive. I wouldn't want to miss out on such an opportunity (to be able to study at Cambridge ) but, on the other hand, I only have 5 slots I can utilise.

What are your opinions?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want to go there then apply. There is no harm-you still have 4 other places you can apply to
emma.m99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I agree that there is no harm in applying though you may be better off trying Oxford as if you stun at interview they will be more relaxed about grades.

If you come from a poor performing school Cambridge may be slightly more lenient! If you are from a good school, then I doubt those grades will be high enough and they may ask you for higher. My Cambridge law offer this year was A*A*A...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (517)
33.72%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.36%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.35%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.57%

Watched Threads