Top Law Universities desires by firms? Watch

cherlyne
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve been predicted A*AA for A levels. I plan to study law in the UK (I’m from Malaysia). I got AAB in my AS and will be retaking the Subject in which I obtained B in.

Do suggest me some Universities (I might stay on in the UK after my degree for a few years for work but I wish to practice in Malaysia in the long run).
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For starters, anything that has an offer of A*AA (with the exception of QM) + Oxford.

Come back when you get the offers.

Retaking won't help when you're applying to this sort of uni. They're gonna see the B, and the new result will only come out after you've gotten your offers and met or missed them.
cherlyne
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
For starters, anything that has an offer of A*AA (with the exception of QM) + Oxford.

Come back when you get the offers.

Retaking won't help when you're applying to this sort of uni. They're gonna see the B, and the new result will only come out after you've gotten your offers and met or missed them.
Yes, they will see it but my AS contributes 50% to my A Level grades. Hence, I wish to have my AS higher to compensate for the lower grades (worst case scenario) I could maybe obtain in my A2. Speaking of them seeing my AS grades, do you think it’ll put them off knowing that I did not get AAA for AS? Will it diminish my chances of getting an offer to top Universities?
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cherlyne)
Yes, they will see it but my AS contributes 50% to my A Level grades. Hence, I wish to have my AS higher to compensate for the lower grades (worst case scenario) I could maybe obtain in my A2. Speaking of them seeing my AS grades, do you think it’ll put them off knowing that I did not get AAA for AS? Will it diminish my chances of getting an offer to top Universities?
I can intuit why you want to get that up to an A. The point is that resitting it is pointless and won't increase your chances in getting in (at least first time, I don't know if you're prepared to take a year out and re-apply if you don't get the uni you want). The reason is obvious: right now, they're only seeing a B grade, and by the time you get it up to an A, you will have a final decision on whether you have a place at university or not. By that point, the B is all but irrelevant.

Yes, a B instead of an A will diminish your chances of getting into the sort of uni you want to get into. Will it destroy them? No. I'd bring out my great big pile of past AS results for offerholders for the likes of Oxbridge/LSE etc., but these were AS exams taken under the old system, so everyone had them and they did more of them on average. I truthfully have no clue as to what unis want these days wrt the reformed syllabus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (8)
6.84%
They might tell the bully (16)
13.68%
I don't think they'd understand (19)
16.24%
It might lead to more bullying (41)
35.04%
There's nothing they could do (33)
28.21%

Watched Threads