GYG 2018/19: I got into University! Now what?! Watch

laurawatt
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
:woo:
I can't think of any gyg blogs that have art on them... 💭🤔 you might find a few art blogs on the creative corner though (including a short-lived one of mine...)
I would love to see some art!
Random updates are sometimes the best updates :yep: :hugs:
furryface12
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I am exactly the same with notebooks etc! That or they're too nice to use which is just ridiculous but had such a problem trying to work out what to take to uni last year, this year *should* be easier but I'm not banking on it !
Protostar
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
LOVE this idea!!! :heart:
gcsemusicsucks
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by laurawatt)
I can't think of any gyg blogs that have art on them... 💭🤔 you might find a few art blogs on the creative corner though (including a short-lived one of mine...)
I would love to see some art!
Random updates are sometimes the best updates :yep: :hugs:
Oooh how have I not come across that forum before?! I will definitely check it out! (including yours hehe) :giggle: Agreed, randomness is healthy once in a while :heart:

(Original post by furryface12)
I am exactly the same with notebooks etc! That or they're too nice to use which is just ridiculous but had such a problem trying to work out what to take to uni last year, this year *should* be easier but I'm not banking on it !
Yesss same! I have so many blank notebooks that I don't want to start because they're too pretty! With this one, as it's previously been wrecked I feel like it's less intimidating/less 'pure' so it's easier to restart using it! :lol:

(Original post by Protostar)
LOVE this idea!!! :heart:
Thank youuu!:hugs:Pretty excited to see how it goes :heart:
Shadowdraconis
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
?Random Project?

This is a bit random, and not really academic related, but I thought I'd tell you anyway just as a little extra-curricular side project thing I don’t think I've seen any art on any other GYG blogs for a while now, (if someone knows of a GYG which features art of somewhat, please tell me because I'd be interested in following any) so I thought it would be quite interesting to post about it.

I was sorting through my old notebooks and sketchbooks, trying to make my room a little tidier for when I leave for uni, and I found this very old pink sketchbook, which I clearly remember my dad getting me from WHSmith, at least 8 years ago (I must have been in Year 4 or 5 when I got this) :cool:

I did the cringey deed of looking through it, and the majority of the drawings were drawn in pencil, and for some reason 'little me' thought it would be fun to press REALLY HARD when using the pencil so that I would not be able to rub it out afterwards :facepalm: I thought I'd share a couple pages with you -even though they are so cringey- so you get the full picture :embarrassed:

Another thing, was that only half the sketchbook was drawn in, so it felt like a waste not finishing the sketchbook. (Note: I have a really bad habit of starting a sketchbook/notebook/book/project/task/life and never finishing it.) Therefore, due to all the cringe, I decided to attempt to rub out most of the drawings whilst keeping some, either for the memories, or genuinely because I could not rub them out, because I wanted to restart using this sketchbook by turning it upside down and starting from the other side (so when I flick through, the cringey drawings won't be seen as easily, if that makes sense ).

I also tore some pages out because both sides were basically unusable, so I thought it was better to keep them some place else rather than ruin the aesthetic of the sketchbook and lose a couple more memories :lol: (Note: I don't normally get rid of old drawings, but this was an exception because I wanted to fully make use of the sketchbook again ) To mark which side was the front, I stuck a magazine cut-out of strawberries and cream because it had to be food because I love food :bigsmile:

I might have to also stick some things over the pages where I had pressed the pencil in so ridiculously hard that the cringey drawings are literally imprinted into the paper :hmmm::doh:

It's a cute pocket size (A6) so it would be easy to take it to uni, carry around and perhaps spend some spare time (which I know will definitely not exist, but here's naïve me thinking that it will? :dontknow:) doing a quick sketch or something to keep my very limited art skills up! Also because the pages are fairly small, filling a page up in a short amount of time will be fairly easy, so it's pretty ideal! I'm not planning on taking many art materials up to uni because of space, so m:woo:y plan is to restrict myself to using a ballpoint pen, rather than having to use and carry pencils, erasers, pens, pencil sharpener, blending stumps etc.

I may post some photos of my random sketches from time to time, depending on whether I remember this is a thing and whether people would like to see it Also I think it's another thing that will perhaps help prove to myself that I can keep something up for a decent period of time :lol:

Anyway, this was so random but thanks for reading!

Tags Please tell me if you'd like to be added/removed
Awww the drawings from when you were younger are so cute! And taking the sketchbook to unis is such a good idea! Art GYG, be a trend setter lol, i'm pretty sure there arenn't any atm.
gcsemusicsucks
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shadowdraconis)
Awww the drawings from when you were younger are so cute! And taking the sketchbook to unis is such a good idea! Art GYG, be a trend setter lol, i'm pretty sure there arenn't any atm.
Ahahah thank you! :hugs: I hope I can find some time to draw in it! It's a shame there aren't any at the moment because I love seeing other people's art :love: But hehe let's hope there are soon :crossedf:
nyxnko_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
This is really adorable!! :love:
I can really only think of mez_merising's GYG that had art in it :dontknow:
Honestly, same.. I just reorganised my room and tossed out a bunch of really really old (and cringey) stuff
Good luck with the art!!
gcsemusicsucks
Rep:
?
(Original post by nyxnko_)
Honestly, same.. I just reorganised my room and tossed out a bunch of really really old (and cringey) stuff
Good luck with the art!!
:heart:
Yesss I remember seeing some of her sketchbook spreads! :yep: So good :lovedup:
Ahahah :giggle: It feels refreshing cleaning bits out, I should probably do it more often because I have sooo much old stuff under my bed that I haven't touched in ages :lol: Probably a whole new world made of dust living down there
Thank youuu! :hugs:
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Ahahah :giggle: It feels refreshing cleaning bits out, I should probably do it more often because I have sooo much old stuff under my bed that I haven't touched in ages :lol: Probably a whole new world made of dust living down there
I know right? :yes:
Urkk.. Don't talk to me about dust :afraid:
:hugs:
mez_merising
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Good luck with the art!!
awwwwww you guys called it art!
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by mez_merising)
waitt... was it not? it's definitely art. :yes:
gcsemusicsucks
Rep:
?
waitt... was it not? it's definitely art. :yes:
It was definitely art! Amazing art, in fact
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I agree. Very amazing art!! :yep:
mez_merising
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I agree. Very amazing art!! :yep:
awwwww you guys warm my heart
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
:lovehug:
(gcsemusicsucks, i promise i'm not going to spam with hugs )
СУКА БЛЯТЬ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
about to start a maths degree as well, at bristol. can you tag me too please
Infinite Series
  • Answer Heroes
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I love this! Good luck with everything.
I'll join you're journey but I wouldn't like to be tagged. Instead, i've added this to my watched threads so i'll pop in every now and then
gcsemusicsucks
Rep:
?
You and your amazing art warms mineee :hugs:
Spoiler:
Show

was that cheesy? :giggle:

:lovehug:
(gcsemusicsucks, i promise i'm not going to spam with hugs )
Have to admit, I do love hug spam every now and then :giggle: :hugs:

(Original post by СУКА БЛЯТЬ)
about to start a maths degree as well, at bristol. can you tag me too please
Oh that's so cool! I visited Bristol and it was such an interesting place - loved the graffiti! :yep: I found the hill quite tiring to walk up though

(Original post by Grade A)
I love this! Good luck with everything.
I'll join you're journey but I wouldn't like to be tagged. Instead, i've added this to my watched threads so i'll pop in every now and then
Thank you so much! :heart: And noted! :yep:
nyxnko_
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Have to admit, I do love hug spam every now and then :giggle: :hugs:
oh good. there's a hug chain thread somewhere right now I'll tag you in it :yes:
:penguinhug:
gcsemusicsucks
Rep:
?
oh good. there's a hug chain thread somewhere right now I'll tag you in it :yes:
:penguinhug:
Oooh yes please!! :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (49)
9.37%
I used to but I don't now (14)
2.68%
No, but I want to start (188)
35.95%
No, I am unable to (122)
23.33%
No, I chose not to (150)
28.68%