3 and 4 in english

Watch this thread
username3669446
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
i got a 3 in gcse english language and a 4 in gcse english literature which is pretty bad considering i got a 7 in my mocks

Can I avoid having to retake english because thats the last thing i want to do?
EierVonSatan
Badges: 21
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Even if you can somehow 'get out' of retaking English Language, you shouldn't. It's very important that you have at least a grade 4 - not just for the next couple of years but also your employment prospects in the long term.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Sorry to hear that. It's unlikely that you won't have to retake it though. Technically you haven't passed. Especially if you want to go to university they may stipulate a 5 in English language or something like that.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by tris123456789)
i got a 3 in gcse english language and a 4 in gcse english literature which is pretty bad considering i got a 7 in my mocks

Can I avoid having to retake english because thats the last thing i want to do?
You can try getting a remark? But honestly, I think the best thing you can do is resit it - you'll know where to improve next time.
Scienceisgood
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
It is inadvisable to suggest against resitting in cases such as these. English and Maths are the two subjects you absolutely need in everyday life because it is a fundamental requirement to do basic maths and to write a eloquent enough sentence to understand somebody (well, maybe not eloquent but certainly to a minimum standard).

Your grades will reflect this and, sorry to say, your employer will take what your certificate says over your word any day, as will any future colleges/universities.
Scienceisgood
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Depending on how close you were to grade 4, it MAY be worth requesting a remark. If it is too far off, I'm afraid to say a retake is advised in this case.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (139)
29.26%
It went fairly well (228)
48%
It didn't go too well (69)
14.53%
TERRIBLE! (39)
8.21%

Watched Threads