The Student Room Group

Worried I made the wrong choice

I just got my results today, I got 5A*'s, 2A's, 3B's, 9C's and 2D's. Very good results, I think. The issue is that I applied for a BTEC Computer Science course and was already accepted in when I got my results. The idea I had when I applied for this course was that all I care about is Computer Science and I didn't want to waste time doing 3 other subjects that I didn't care about, as I would have had to take 4 subjects in A-Levels.

I feel like this is a bad choice though, many students got into A level courses with half of the results I got and there I am doing a BTEC.
I just think that my good results are going to waste by doing a BTEC. Would I have benefited more by doing an A level even though I would only care about one out of the four subjects? Is doing a BTEC to focus on the one subject that I enjoy the right choice and what could I do after doing the BTEC?
You took 21 qualifications?

A levels are accepted everywhere, but they are exam based.
BTEC are predominantly course work, so you need to work consistently. They are accepted in most places.

If you changed your mind then goof A levels in things like Maths and CS plus any science will let you apply for the best courses everywhere.
the key is will your target uni accept btec alone? If jiit does then your course is fine. You can probably change at this late stage and get into a school or college for A levels based on your results. the college should be ok in releasing you.

In my observations the top unis are ok with a BTEC subsidiary diploma = to 1 A level, but some of them treeat anything more less favourable. You have to check because there are so many courses and they vary.
Reply 2
Is this a troll? 21 gcses oof

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending