The Student Room Group

My GCSE Results are as follows. Are they good enough for me to get into a good uni?

English language - 5
English Literature - 5
Mathematics (H) - 5
Geography - 5
Religious Studies - 7
Computer Science - 4
Combined Sci: Trilogy Tier F - 54 (Grd1)
Film Studies - C
Applied Business - C
Language - A*
Statistics - B
Your results are great. A-levels are the main thing that Unis look at. Well done btw
Most unis only care about Maths and English
You have passes in both so yeah you can
Reply 3
Unless you're going into a very competitive course like medicine, universities only tend to look for a pass in maths and English. Look up courses you're interested in on the UCAS website and it should tell you the entry requirements - in the long run your A-Level results are far more important! Congrats on your results, by the way!
Reply 4
Original post by hananah!
Unless you're going into a very competitive course like medicine, universities only tend to look for a pass in maths and English. Look up courses you're interested in on the UCAS website and it should tell you the entry requirements - in the long run your A-Level results are far more important! Congrats on your results, by the way!

Thanks, but I want to do Economics at LSE so right now are these grades good enough for me to get into LSE and do Economics. I am planning to take Mathematics in context, Economics and Politics/Government at A-Levels.
Reply 5
Original post by Wooord
Your results are great. A-levels are the main thing that Unis look at. Well done btw

Thanks!
what the hell.. thare better than mine....

Biology: 3
Chemistry: 4
Physics: 4
Maths: 4
English Literature: 4
English Language: 3
Geography: 3
History: 3
Religious Studies: 3
Spanish: 3

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by tome123

English lang 2

English lit 3

Spanish 1

French 1

RS 2

History 1

Art 2

Maths 3

Phy 2

Chem 1

Bio 1

looks like i can just say goodbye to my dream of going to oxford then. you dont know how much effort i put into these and im so let down. do u think if i worked really hard and got Bs and an A or too in a level i still have a chance for oxford/.

I am not sure but Universities always change their preference so your chances of going to uni may vary.
Original post by tome123

English lang 2

English lit 3

Spanish 1

French 1

RS 2

History 1

Art 2

Maths 3

Phy 2

Chem 1

Bio 1

looks like i can just say goodbye to my dream of going to oxford then. you dont know how much effort i put into these and im so let down. do u think if i worked really hard and got Bs and an A or too in a level i still have a chance for oxford/.

m8 now is not the time to troll. ur lying about those grades. how is it even possible to get a 1. i didnt write anything in my eng lit cos i didnt give a f*** and knew i wasnt going to do well. i ended up getting a 5 somehow. literally i will give u my paper and u can see all the blank pages with no answer written
Original post by anonymous69gcse
m8 now is not the time to troll. ur lying about those grades. how is it even possible to get a 1. i didnt write anything in my eng lit cos i didnt give a f*** and knew i wasnt going to do well. i ended up getting a 5 somehow. literally i will give u my paper and u can see all the blank pages with no answer written

well i answered most questions but i mustve just not written the right things to get the marks...
Original post by rocket2884
Thanks, but I want to do Economics at LSE so right now are these grades good enough for me to get into LSE and do Economics. I am planning to take Mathematics in context, Economics and Politics/Government at A-Levels.

That is literally one of the most competitive courses ever. Most will have 9 or 10+ A*s at gcse and also you will need further maths A level (unless your school doesn't offer it). You will need at least normal A level maths (bare minimum).

From LSE's website: "Applicants should also have already achieved a strong set of GCSE grades including the majority at A and A*, or equivalent. Your GCSE (or equivalent) English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B. We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile"

Quick Reply

Latest