How many people got a 9 Watch

M.Alkarkhi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I already got a grade 9 on maths and a grade 9-9 on combined science in the mocks. For me it doesn't look like "hard"
Inezmt
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How did you do it
M.Alkarkhi
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sorry for the late reply

For maths, it only took me about 6 months, whereas in science it probably took me a year.

I just revised a lot and revised stuff calmly instead of what people call "cram in". Cramming in stuff won't make you remember it for more than a few days. So to begin with - Avoid cramming in stuff on the day before the exam. As well as revising, try to recap the topic after some days and make corrections where necessary. Revising is different for everybody, so do it the way you are most comfortable with.

After revision, I started to do practice questions and then exam style questions. In my school, they handed out grade 7-9 workbooks to the people who do well. If not you can always buy them online or in stores. (They cost about £5 to £10 - Remember that education is always seen as more important than money). Do questions in these as these are meant to challenge you. After some time you will get the hang of it.

Do past papers. These are the kinds of questions coming up in the real exam. When you are finished, you can mark it yourself or ask your teacher to mark if you prefer it that way. (Ask your teacher to print past papers if you don't have a printer or find it disturbing doing it on-screen). As time goes by, you will feel more comfortable doing them.

When getting to the exam room or doing exams, avoid panicking. Everyone is nervous about exams coming up. So when you arrive, always praise yourself and think that you can do it instead of panicking and having thoughts about failing. Avoid that!!!

If you need any further help i am always here.

Remember to try your best.

Good luck!!!

(Original post by Inezmt)
How did you do it
Inezmt
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
That is very,very helpful, many thanks!
M.Alkarkhi
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
You welcome
(Original post by Inezmt)
That is very,very helpful, many thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.68%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
13.46%

Watched Threads