The Student Room Group
Reply 1
z00m <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> how did you guys find it?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> i found paper 1 and 2 quite nice until the option we did the groups option and i thought that was[/q1]
[q1]> insane..did anyone else think so?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> and does anyone know the boundaries for last year? thanx[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

I hated it. Probably because throughout the two years I did IB I could not concentrate completely. I
had one teacher to fast, one too slow (7wpm) and the other one who I could actually remember things
by was only given 1 period a week with us. Then I got a tutor and learnt loads, but I just hope it
was enough. Well, we'll see... I did the Analysis and Approximation option. Nasty, I probably got
less than 50% on that bit. Oh and boundaries for last year: (these are the overall grades only I'm
afraid, all the teachers knew) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 -14% 15-26 27-37 38-50 51-61 62-73 74-100 Hope u hit
the 75% mark! Ryan, UK
Reply 2
z00m <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> i found paper 1 and 2 quite nice until the option we did the groups option and i thought that was[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

Agree...paper 1 and 2 were nice, except for the option....we did the Groups-option too. Most people
in my class found paper 1 easy, but even some of the people who usually get high marks weren't so
happy with Section A in paper 2. When I saw the option questions, I decided to spend all my time on
section A and do it as good as possible (I calculate slow)...think that was a wise choice since I
now can look forward to a weak 6 (or at least a secure 5).....if the boundaries don't change much
from last year.

Anyway...good luck in the remaining exams everyone!
Reply 3
"Mansur Ali Abbasi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Agree...paper 1 and 2 were nice, except for the option....we did the Groups-option too.[/q1]

Hi Mansur

I feel SO sorry for advising some of the people in your class to go for the group option

I retook the exam this year to try to improve my 6 to a 7 (in order to get in to med school). Last
year, I aced the group questions. This year, when I got to section B, I had 1 hour left and thought
i was comfortably on my way to a 7. However, I managed to F*** up COMPLETELY in section B.. It was
just so insanely much harder than last year. I must have gotten like 5 points in the whole section,
and I've given up on the 7.

The ironic thing is that since last year I've taken university courses in basically all the other
options, and if I just had been thinking clearly I could have aced any other option. But I had to go
for the group option because of last year, and when I realized what had happened my time was up

(isn't it sick how IB exams have so much stricter time limits than university exams?)

Anders
Reply 4
I would like to know the boundaries as well.

I didn't find paper 1 and 2 quite nice... lol... all in all it wasn't bad, a couple things we
weren't ready for though. I did the analysis option, I got through the bulk of that without problem.

Brandon "z00m" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
Reply 5
[q1]> (isn't it sick how IB exams have so much stricter time limits than university exams?)[/q1]

Umm... no they don't. Uni exams are far stricter.

Latest

Trending

Trending