The Student Room Group

MSc/PGDip Occupational Therapy

Hiya, is there anyone studying the Occupational Therapy course at LSBU in 2018/2019?
(Original post by Shannnnnn)Hiya, is there anyone studying the Occupational Therapy course at LSBU in 2018/2019?

Hi Shannnnnn,
I am one of this years cohort and enrolled online today. I am very excited as I have wanted to do this for around five years now. Have you had the immunisations yet? I am enrolling in person on 14th September if you want to meet up for a coffee and chat: I'm planning on going to the library too for some of the recommended reading list books :smile:. Great to make contact with another classmate and future colleague.

Aaron
Reply 2
Original post by AaronFlynn
(Original post by Shannnnnn)Hiya, is there anyone studying the Occupational Therapy course at LSBU in 2018/2019?

Hi Shannnnnn,
I am one of this years cohort and enrolled online today. I am very excited as I have wanted to do this for around five years now. Have you had the immunisations yet? I am enrolling in person on 14th September if you want to meet up for a coffee and chat: I'm planning on going to the library too for some of the recommended reading list books :smile:. Great to make contact with another classmate and future colleague.

Aaron

Hi Aaron, I am very excited too! I've been wanting to do this course for around 2 years. I haven't yet, but I'm going to do this next week. Oh yeah, I am enrolling then too. Where did you get the recommended reading from, haven't seen this? Would have loved to have joined you but i'm unable to. Hopefully I'll see you there for a chat though. Glad to have finally heard from someone. Do you have much experience in the field of OT?
You should have received a Welcome Pack by email which gives lots of information about all sorts of aspects about the course and things they recommend we watch, read and have a basic understanding of. I can forward it to you if you haven't yet received it. No worries about the coffee: we may see each other at the enrolment itself then. See you there :smile:

Edit: I have worked alongside some OT's in my decade as a behaviour support for people with autism and have a very big interest in sensory integration and sensory overload. How about you?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by AaronFlynn
You should have received a Welcome Pack by email which gives lots of information about all sorts of aspects about the course and things they recommend we watch, read and have a basic understanding of. I can forward it to you if you haven't yet received it. No worries about the coffee: we may see each other at the enrolment itself then. See you there :smile:

Edit: I have worked alongside some OT's in my decade as a behaviour support for people with autism and have a very big interest in sensory integration and sensory overload. How about you?

Oh yes I have seen that. Thinking of buying a couple of the books to keep as they will probably come in handy after the degree for reference. Hopefully see you there yes, mine starts at 10:15. The first week of uni seems really busy!

I've also worked alongside OT's during my working profession in mental health. My background is mental health and that's what drove me to apply (particularly acute). I did a degree in Psychology previously. What did you do?
Original post by Shannnnnn
Oh yes I have seen that. Thinking of buying a couple of the books to keep as they will probably come in handy after the degree for reference. Hopefully see you there yes, mine starts at 10:15. The first week of uni seems really busy!

I've also worked alongside OT's during my working profession in mental health. My background is mental health and that's what drove me to apply (particularly acute). I did a degree in Psychology previously. What did you do?

English literature and creative writing 😂😂😂. Then my brother was diagnosed with autism and my whole paradigm shifted for the better 😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending