The Student Room Group

A Level certificate

I did an AS qualification for business in the summer of 2017 and I’m wondering if that will go on my certificate along with my a level subjects done in the summer of 2018
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Acridsmile2000
I did an AS qualification for business in the summer of 2017 and I’m wondering if that will go on my certificate along with my a level subjects done in the summer of 2018

No
A separate certificate has already been issued for your AS result
Original post by gdunne42
No
A separate certificate has already been issued for your AS result

Thanks. I have not received an AS certificate from my college so is it possible I will be sent one along with my A2 certificate?
Thanks. I have not received an AS certificate from my college so is it possible I will be sent one along with my A2 certificate?

Ask them for it. If you took external AS exams last year then they have had it since Oct/Nov last year.
(edited 5 years ago)

Was it a reformed A level? If not, it depends when your school cashed it in.

My (2015) AS level certificate from OCR has both my maths and physics ASs. My (2016) A level certificate from OCR has my three A levels and my ASs for maths and further maths, even though I didn't resit any modules, as my school cashed it in again.

If it was a reformed A level (i.e. the AS doesn't count towards the A level) it won't be on your A level certificate.
Reply 6
In England it will have been reformed as the modular Business A level had been withdrawn.
Original post by Compost
In England it will have been reformed as the modular Business A level had been withdrawn.

But not everyone on this site is from England, and WJEC still have modular A levels, to the best of my knowledge :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by happywhale
But not everyone on this site is from England, and WJEC still have modular A levels, to the best of my knowledge :smile:

I think so too, but I'm not certain of the Welsh rules so I qualified my advice for where I knew it did apply - someone who knows the Welsh rules is welcome to add those.

Quick Reply

Latest