Government released 168 page Brexit advice

Watch
Ninja Squirrel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45274972

Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab has set out what he called "practical and proportionate" advice in case the UK leaves the EU with no deal. The guidance includes instructions for businesses who could face extra paperwork at borders and contingency plans to avoid medicine shortages.

Britons visiting the EU could also face extra credit card charges.
Ministers say reaching a deal is their top priority but that "short term disruption" is possible without one.

BBC political correspondent Chris Mason described the publication as a "vast swirling porridge of detail - much of it at a technical level, advising individual industries about the manner in which they are regulated in the event of a no-deal Brexit".

In the 25 documents, which cover industries including medicine, finance and farming, it says:
  • The cost of card payments between the UK and EU will "likely increase" and won't be covered by a ban on surcharges.
  • Business trading with the EU should start planning for new customs checks, and might have to pay for new software or logistical help.
  • Britons living elsewhere in Europe could lose access to UK banking and pension services without EU action.
  • A licence might be needed to import nuclear materials from the EU.
  • The UK would continue to accept medicines that have been tested in the EU to ensure a smooth supply

168 pages though...
https://www.gov.uk/government/collec...u-with-no-deal
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Looks like we're all past caring, whatever will be will be. The powers to be can't make head nor tail of it, what chance do we stand?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (160)
14.49%
I'm not sure (48)
4.35%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (328)
29.71%
I have already dropped out (32)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (536)
48.55%

Watched Threads