English Literature - 8
Science - 6
Additional Science - 6
Maths - 5
Computer science - 5
Geography - 5
Business - A
ICT -C

I'm pleased with these grades but im curious of the wider opinion. I'm also looking for some advice of what i should do in the future regarding sixth form and college. (Please don't suggest literature i pulled the 8 out of my ass somehow lol)
Reply 1
Original post by TheMaximumPotato
For my GCSE's i got:

English Language - 5
English Literature - 8
Science - 6
Additional Science - 6
Maths - 5
Computer science - 5
Geography - 5
Business - A
ICT -C

I'm pleased with these grades but im curious of the wider opinion. I'm also looking for some advice of what i should do in the future regarding sixth form and college. (Please don't suggest literature i pulled the 8 out of my ass somehow lol)

Congratulations on your results! I would experiment across a large range of subjects whilst you have the time to change and see what suits you best. Do you have any specific subject that you enjoy?
For my GCSE's i got:

English Language - 5
English Literature - 8
Science - 6
Additional Science - 6
Maths - 5
Computer science - 5
Geography - 5
Business - A
ICT -C

They're good grades.

In terms of suggesting what you should do for sixth form/college, it really depends on their subject requirements. I'd imagine with those grades, you should be able to do the sciences and perhaps business studies?

This really is something you should be discussing with the sixth form/college though, as different ones have different requirements :smile:
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Congratulations on your results! I would experiment across a large range of subjects whilst you have the time to change and see what suits you best. Do you have any specific subject that you enjoy?

I enjoy business and computing/IT but I'm also unsure about a levels or alternative qualifications
Reply 4
I enjoy business and computing/IT but I'm also unsure about a levels or alternative qualifications

BTEC L3 Extended Diploma = 3 A-Level grades and most unis accept them apart from Oxbridge.

I assume you want to go down the CompSci route ... You could study A-Level Computing, maybe Maths and another subject of your choice. @Blue_Cow is currently studying CompSci at Edinburgh and he can answer any questions you may have. :smile:
For my GCSE's i got:

English Language - 5
English Literature - 8
Science - 6
Additional Science - 6
Maths - 5
Computer science - 5
Geography - 5
Business - A
ICT -C

Hi,

Thank you for your post, those are some really impressive results, congratulations!

There could literally be hundreds of different options available to you with those particular results so it might be worth thinking about the type of role you have a passion for and work from there!

The main three options which most people choose after finishing GCSE’s are:

Sixth Form usually A-Levels which are academic based qualifications

College usually a more vocational route with less classroom based learning

Apprenticeships a combination of real work experience and relevant qualifications.

You haven’t mentioned if you had an idea in mind at the moment so it’s difficult to suggest alternatives but I would recommend speaking with the advisers on the Exam results Helpline they’re basically there to help people in your exact sort of position to get a better understand of the routes and options which become available based on their GCSE results and hopefully will allow you to feel more confident about your next step opportunities!

You can speak with one of the expert advisers from free on 0800 100 900 from 8am to 10pm everyday so I would certainly recommend this as a starting point and hopefully you can go from there!

I hope this will be useful for you!

Good luck and take care!

Tom National Careers Service team.

Quick Reply

Latest