The Student Room Group

Changing A-Level choices after GCSE results

I'm taking history, politics and philosophy at a-level, but now I'm wondering whether to change philosophy (aqa) to geography (ocr) after getting a 9 in it?

The only thing is most of my interest lies in the human side of geography, so i'm not sure if I'd struggle with the landscapes unit. And it would be nice to take a new subject, but I'd really miss doing development in geog. :frown:

I appreciate obviously only I can make the decision but I'm really struggling so any insight would be welcome!
Original post by pinegrove
I'm taking history, politics and philosophy at a-level, but now I'm wondering whether to change philosophy (aqa) to geography (ocr) after getting a 9 in it?

The only thing is most of my interest lies in the human side of geography, so i'm not sure if I'd struggle with the landscapes unit. And it would be nice to take a new subject, but I'd really miss doing development in geog. :frown:

I appreciate obviously only I can make the decision but I'm really struggling so any insight would be welcome!

Have you looked at the specification for OCR Geography to see how many of the modules/topics you actually like? If landscape is a big thing then I'd probably give it a miss...

Quick Reply

Latest