georgialoum
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Okay so i’ve just gotten my AS results last week, and at GCSE i got 7B’s and 5 C’s, my AS grades i got a B (History) and an E in Religious studies and a B in the welsh Baccalaureate, now, this is how my individual exams went:
History unit 1: B
History unit 2: B
Religious studies unit 1: B
Religious studies unit 2: U (which brought my grade up to an overall E as this exam was weighted more)
I have an extenuating circumstances letter for this exam and i really hope to apply to Bristol as my firm choice and have booked my LNAT for October, realistically, what are my chances of being made an offer because i got that E? Will the university be considerate to the fact i have an extenuating circumstances letter? Any help appreciated thank you! (I know that i also qualify for their contextual offer which is AAB and am resitting the exam i got a U in)
BR260799
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by georgialoum)
Okay so i’ve just gotten my AS results last week, and at GCSE i got 7B’s and 5 C’s, my AS grades i got a B (History) and an E in Religious studies and a B in the welsh Baccalaureate, now, this is how my individual exams went:
History unit 1: B
History unit 2: B
Religious studies unit 1: B
Religious studies unit 2: U (which brought my grade up to an overall E as this exam was weighted more)
I have an extenuating circumstances letter for this exam and i really hope to apply to Bristol as my firm choice and have booked my LNAT for October, realistically, what are my chances of being made an offer because i got that E? Will the university be considerate to the fact i have an extenuating circumstances letter? Any help appreciated thank you! (I know that i also qualify for their contextual offer which is AAB and am resitting the exam i got a U in)
What are your predictions?
georgialoum
Rep:
Hi! My School give 2 predictions so A*AB or AAB
BR260799
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by georgialoum)
Hi! My School give 2 predictions so A*AB or AAB
I don't think it'll limit you too much. Those predictions are pretty high. At the end of the day you have a reason for that grade which can be explained.

Just make sure you have a decent personal statement and you do well in that LNAT. Those 2 can easily pick up your AS results alongside your predictions.
georgialoum
Rep:
Oh that’s great thank you for your advice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (66)
12.24%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.67%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (141)
26.16%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (44)
8.16%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (261)
48.42%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.34%

Watched Threads