The Student Room Group

Low UKCAT - where should I apply?

Hi - I sat my UKCAT yesterday and got a score of 2600 (average 650) with Band 1 SJT. I was originally going to apply to Sheffield, Bristol, Glasgow and Nottingham.

Sheffield is out of the question now but what about the others? Is is okay to take a risk applying to Bristol and Glasgow? If anyone has information on UKCAT cut off for Glasgow that would be really helpful.

Other medical schools I am considering are Nottingham, Hull-York, Leicester and Liverpool. For Leicester my score is borerline for interview so I don't know if its a good idea to take the risk. Alternitivly, I could take a gap year and apply next year, although I'm worried I'd mess up the UKCAT again.

Also I got 5 A*'S and 5 A's at GCSE.

Thank you for reading this, any advice would be really appreciated.
I’m afraid Glasgow is out of the picture as well. Last year I was advised against applying there due to my ukcat (655) and igcses (7A* 1A from top 8). Unless the rules changed since, I think it might not be the best idea.

Bristol changed their admission process and they look only at UKCAT for 2019 entry. Since it’s the first year they are doing so, it is hard to predict what will happen,

For Nottingham I’d check the selection criteria and score cutoffs to see whether you’re in the clear.
Apply to Hull york, SGUL, Saint george’s, Plymouth, Anglia Ruskin. You should be fine with those choices
Reply 3
Original post by Hazelflame
Hi - I sat my UKCAT yesterday and got a score of 2600 (average 650) with Band 1 SJT. I was originally going to apply to Sheffield, Bristol, Glasgow and Nottingham.

Sheffield is out of the question now but what about the others? Is is okay to take a risk applying to Bristol and Glasgow? If anyone has information on UKCAT cut off for Glasgow that would be really helpful.

Other medical schools I am considering are Nottingham, Hull-York, Leicester and Liverpool. For Leicester my score is borerline for interview so I don't know if its a good idea to take the risk. Alternitivly, I could take a gap year and apply next year, although I'm worried I'd mess up the UKCAT again.

Also I got 5 A*'S and 5 A's at GCSE.

Thank you for reading this, any advice would be really appreciated.

Sorry totally unrelated but was your score higher or lower compared to your other mocks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending