-------------
Last edited by impala2chef; 1 year ago
aspiringbiomedic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by impala2chef)
Unfortunately have to resit my alevels, did really badly due to a combination of personal problems, none large enough to be considered extenuating circumstances unfortunately. Wondering if anyone else is in the same position
What subjects do you do? I did okay-bad, I got BCU but I realised which subjects I am stronger in and how in effect, I choose the wrong subjects at A-level. I’m planning on self-teaching myself ☺️
impala2chef
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by aspiringbiomedic)
What subjects do you do? I did okay-bad, I got BCU but I realised which subjects I am stronger in and how in effect, I choose the wrong subjects at A-level. I’m planning on self-teaching myself ☺️
I got CDE and am aiming for AAA this year. I know I didn't reach my academic potential when revising for alevels and tried to cram last minute, I know that with more time I couldve done much better. Which alevels are you planning on teaching yourself? And are you going to do it over a 2 year period or 1 year period? Best of luck to u!
aspiringbiomedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got CDE and am aiming for AAA this year. I know I didn't reach my academic potential when revising for alevels and tried to cram last minute, I know that with more time I couldve done much better. Which alevels are you planning on teaching yourself? And are you going to do it over a 2 year period or 1 year period? Best of luck to u!
Thanks! I'm definitely doing Biology. Not sure about Chemistry and Physics yet! I may do Chemistry too as I like it but not Physics :C
A two year period, I think so, do AS in 2019 and A-level in 2020. That way when I make my 2020 UCAS application around Sept-Jan 2019 time, I will have had already my AS results (which will hopefully be good) and so these can be an indicator of my predicted grades for my A-levels.
impala2chef
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by aspiringbiomedic)
Thanks! I'm definitely doing Biology. Not sure about Chemistry and Physics yet! I may do Chemistry too as I like it but not Physics :C
A two year period, I think so, do AS in 2019 and A-level in 2020. That way when I make my 2020 UCAS application around Sept-Jan 2019 time, I will have had already my AS results (which will hopefully be good) and so these can be an indicator of my predicted grades for my A-levels.
Thats great I may take up psychology alevel if i decide to take 2 years out as I am planning on studying psychology at uni!
How would you manage the loneliness of it though? This is the thing that worries me. Once i begin to get lonely my motivation for studying and everything else just drops.
I took biology chemistry and physics alevels, but I'd warn that you should consider physics carefully as physics alevel is one of the hardest things I've done in my life.
I'm in a different position from you in that I do linear alevels, which involve sitting both as and a2 together at the end of the 2 years, there is a lot of information to retain!
aspiringbiomedic
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thats great I may take up psychology alevel if i decide to take 2 years out as I am planning on studying psychology at uni!
How would you manage the loneliness of it though? This is the thing that worries me. Once i begin to get lonely my motivation for studying and everything else just drops.
I took biology chemistry and physics alevels, but I'd warn that you should consider physics carefully as physics alevel is one of the hardest things I've done in my life.
I'm in a different position from you in that I do linear alevels, which involve sitting both as and a2 together at the end of the 2 years, there is a lot of information to retain!
Psychology A-level was my U lol. Don't worry I did linear A-levels too. As for motivation, I know, look for motivational videos on Youtube. That was mostly the result of my downfall during A-levels - I didn't have enough motivation. But hopefully, I'm now doing something I like such as A-level sciences. Also I think we should become study buddies and keep each other updated and in check. You also did A-level sciences so any help you could give me is also invaluable. I did A-level Psychology so I have lots of resources too.
boulderingislife
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What happens if you resit alevels in a year with no exams? Did you get your AAA?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
7.32%
I need help researching courses (3)
7.32%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
7.32%
I need help with my personal statement (20)
48.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (9)
21.95%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.44%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
4.88%

Watched Threads