The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Revision..?

Theres a reason im a first year resit student..

But seriously, this year will be my year, so, revision... I spose i gotta try doing that...
Errr.. I read through my notes, and write out main points and dates. Highlighters are your frieeeeends.

For Maths just practicing questions, loads of em.
Reply 22
ashy
Lies.

:lies:

I counter your accusation!
Reply 23
How do you all get past papers, examiners' reports and markschemes for University subjects/study?^o)
Reply 24
Elements
How do you all get past papers, examiners' reports and markschemes for University subjects/study?^o)

We have some available online if you search the library catalogue.

I do the same. Write my notes and then just re-write them and re-write them.

Wastes a lot of paper, lol, but no other method works for me.
Rewriting, talking out loud...

The last min thing can work in the short term but you'll forget everything immediately after the exam, and at the end of your degree you'll have spent thousands of pounds and three years of your life having learnt nothing. What a waste of time, degree or no degree.
orionmoo
I don't do any until the night before when I spend about half an hour looking over my notes, and then in the morning of the exam (just before if exam in morning, or all morning if in afternoon) i read over notes thoroughly and rewrite them in short form on a piece of paper, the key things (depending on subject).

You leave everything to the last minute you remember EVERYTHING that you read, including quotes and dates required for exams like politics or sociology or history. Atleast I do.

I learn my notes the first time round so I dont have to learn then before the exam. That way just a short burst of adrenelin and stuff boosts yours memory and forces yourself to take in and remember everything like 15 mins before the exam. As soon as you get in, write any key notes down, such as formulae your not given at the top of the paper or something, or key quotes and dates, so you can concentrate on other things.

People will most likely quote me telling me my way's bad, I should start month before the exam and revise properly. It takes like 10 mins max to read through my file. I'd rather blitz through it and force myself to remember straight before the exam than be laid back and expect "because i've been revising for months I will know everything". pfft.

Exactly what I do.
Never let me down :biggrin:
Reply 28
gee_shakedown
Exactly what I do.
Never let me down :biggrin:

Woop, I knew I wasnt the only one!!
I make notes - it doesnt go into my head unless i write it down!
beautiful sunrise
Rewriting, talking out loud...

The last min thing can work in the short term but you'll forget everything immediately after the exam, and at the end of your degree you'll have spent thousands of pounds and three years of your life having learnt nothing. What a waste of time, degree or no degree.

Exactly I did the same last year and kinda the same early this year and its so pointless. Especially if you do a subject that has a vocation attached to it you will have to study all over again which is stupid.
I basially revise by reading notes and reading text books. However I know I learn better by listening and watching so I have taped most of my lectures.

I listen to the recordings make notes, read text make notes and extract the most important bits to revise. It's time consuming but its the best method so far.
Reply 31
Well, in "theory":

I do an overview of everything for each module in a day or two. Then I spend a day or two revising three to four topics for each module. Then spend a day practicing questions.

Again though, this is in theory :p:

*dies*

Good god I've GOT to go revise, argh :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending