The Student Room Group

Maths Result

Hi to anyone seeing this I received my GCSE results today done average I guess however in maths I got a grade 3. I got 122 marks and 125 is a pass, what should I do I'm so unsure right now :frown:...
Original post by Jerma1nee
Hi to anyone seeing this I received my GCSE results today done average I guess however in maths I got a grade 3. I got 122 marks and 125 is a pass, what should I do I'm so unsure right now :frown:...

Are you wanting to go to sixth form, if so what subjects?

You can always resit your maths GCSE alongside your A-Levels.
Reply 2
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Are you wanting to go to sixth form, if so what subjects?

You can always resit your maths GCSE alongside your A-Levels.

yeah I want to go back to sixth form, not sure on subjets tho.
Original post by Jerma1nee
yeah I want to go back to sixth form, not sure on subjets tho.

No worries, were the rest of the grades alright? If so, then it's just a case of resitting the maths GCSE with your A-Levels :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by RoyalSheepy
No worries, were the rest of the grades alright? If so, then it's just a case of resitting the maths GCSE with your A-Levels :smile:

5-5 science
5 history
5 lang
5 lit
5 physical education
C business
3 in French :biggrin:
Rhass, you were really close, try ask to see the paper/remark it?
Reply 6
Original post by ioWolfdinii
Rhass, you were really close, try ask to see the paper/remark it?

yeah my head teacher said I was really close and maybe I should look at it being remarked. what do you think ioWolfdinii
I think that if it's possible to see a copy of your script, then view it and see if it's been marked harshly so you have solid grounds to send it back. If that's long for you then send it back for remarking straight away and your grade may hopefully go up. Just dont waste time thinking, just do it. But even though chances are unlikely just bear in mind that even though remarks can go up, they can also go down aswell. But you're so close so the examiner could mark it again more fairly forr you.
Besta luck hun
Reply 8
I think that if it's possible to see a copy of your script, then view it and see if it's been marked harshly so you have solid grounds to send it back. If that's long for you then send it back for remarking straight away and your grade may hopefully go up. Just dont waste time thinking, just do it. But even though chances are unlikely just bear in mind that even though remarks can go up, they can also go down aswell. But you're so close so the examiner could mark it again more fairly forr you.
Besta luck hun

Hi just seen your message, thank you for the kind words. I am getting it remarked, and I praise the lord they find 3 or more marks for me to pass, so it brings the weight of my shoulder resitting in November :smile:
Great. wish all the best,
Reply 10
Great. wish all the best,

did you receive your GCSEs the other day?
Nahh, did A-Levels

Quick Reply

Latest