The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ben Avlas
Does that mean if you didn't get an interview invitation yesterday then you won't get one or do they stagger it ?

yesterday it seemed to just be scottish people. I'm almost certain they will stagger it. Don't lose hope yet
Original post by GiggyB
yesterday it seemed to just be scottish people. I'm almost certain they will stagger it. Don't lose hope yet

Phew, hopefully I'm still in the runnings then ! 😂
Original post by Wholewheatbread
My son’s 5th choice was MSc Biovet At Harper. They emailed today that the course is cancelled and he need to find a different course or Uni😒

Oh gosh that is horrible I am so sorry! I have not heard anything about it being cancelled... though I applied for the extended one and pathway 2 so perhaps it is different. I hope you can find another course !!
Original post by claudia.2802
Oh gosh that is horrible I am so sorry! I have not heard anything about it being cancelled... though I applied for the extended one and pathway 2 so perhaps it is different. I hope you can find another course !!

Harper offered 3y course instead but he decided to swap to Biovet at Lincoln🙂
Original post by Schnuckiboo
Hey guys, I know we aren't allowed to discuss questions on the attributes forms. But I was just wondering how everyone found the form for Bristol? How much did people draw on their personal statements to help them answer the questions?

Hello, I have just finished it- better late than never but I feel like I have rushed it so I am concerned I will not get accepted. I found it ok but struggled to write lots. I did use some parts of my PS in it.
Original post by AC79
Hi, how long were the interviews (approx.)? xx

One of them was around 50 mins and the other was sort of spread over the day but probably added up to about an hour
Original post by claudia.2802
Hello, I have just finished it- better late than never but I feel like I have rushed it so I am concerned I will not get accepted. I found it ok but struggled to write lots. I did use some parts of my PS in it.

Hiya, aww I just submitted mine around an hour ago so I know how you feel and I also have that worry about it not being as good as it could have been. I put a lot of time into it over the last 2 weeks but I spent a lot of time agonising over my phrasing of certain answers when there probably wasn't a need for that haha.

I think the word guideline can make you feel like you're not writing enough, but if you've got nothing left to say my dad always says it's better to not waffle, so I'm sure you'll be fine :smile: Ah cool, is this your first time applying?
@animalmagic do you have any more information about when Glasgow invite English applicants for interview ?
My questionnaire for Surrey has changed status from pending check to document received. Hoping it will be good news once again (got an interview and an offer last year) but still need to upload my updated references for this year.
Original post by OrangeArcher
My questionnaire for Surrey has changed status from pending check to document received. Hoping it will be good news once again (got an interview and an offer last year) but still need to upload my updated references for this year.

Mine too! I uploaded my references a while back but it still says pending for them though. Fingers crossed it won’t be too long til we hear now!!
Original post by Ben Avlas
@animalmagic do you have any more information about when Glasgow invite English applicants for interview ?

Some RUK students had them by mid November last year, but I'm not sure if everyone had heard by then. Hopefully you won't have long to wait.
Reply 791
Original post by animalmagic
Some RUK students had them by mid November last year, but I'm not sure if everyone had heard by then. Hopefully you won't have long to wait.

I ve just revived my Glasgow interview offer today (English applicant) but Mabye they send them out in batches?
Original post by ASHWHS
I ve just revived my Glasgow interview offer today (English applicant) but Mabye they send them out in batches?

That's great! Congratulations!
I'm in the same boat.. when did you get an offer last year?
Original post by emj208
Mine too! I uploaded my references a while back but it still says pending for them though. Fingers crossed it won’t be too long til we hear now!!

Original post by OrangeArcher
I'm really new to all of this, if I get an interview offer, where will I see it? Out of all the schools I have applied to as far as I know only surrey (not bristol or liverpool) has a proper application portal outside UCAS
Original post by ratthekid
I'm in the same boat.. when did you get an offer last year?

I got an interview invite on the 8th of November for Surrey and then my offer came through on UCAS on the 11th of January.
Original post by Vetadele
ooohh yeah, I've heard about it, but it won't be recognised yet will it ? Keele and Harper Adams ?

yeah they hope to have recognition by their first graduating class? Seems like a cool program but seems risky, at least as an international applicant
I haven't uploaded my references for surrey yet but the task has disappeared from the available actions and been moved into the supporting evidence section saying document received even though I have not uploaded any references?? does this mean I missed the deadline? :frown:
Hey guys! I've applied to surrey for the first time and I was just wondering if I got sent the work experience form thing, does that mean my grades were approved or does everyone get sent this as well? Also I saw some programs at surrey offer that if you did an undergraduate degree (I'm from Canada about to finish my BSc in Zoology), you can skip a year..? this is not possible for vet med is it?
Original post by angelxpink
I haven't uploaded my references for surrey yet but the task has disappeared from the available actions and been moved into the supporting evidence section saying document received even though I have not uploaded any references?? does this mean I missed the deadline? :frown:

Idk when the deadline is but last year I'd uploaded some references wrong so I just called them up and they reopened it so I could upload them correctly so it's best if you just call them and say what's happened cause they might be able to reopen it.

Latest

Trending

Trending