The Student Room Group

GYG: yodelling my way through a lvls

Welcome to my GYG :biggrin:

I'm currently about to go into Y12, having completed my GCSEs, and I started this so that I can stay focused and motivated throughout the upcoming a-levels (lets hope it works :bl:).
I'll be studying Philosophy, English Literature, Maths and Further Maths (Statistics) next year for my A-levels :eek4:

Alright lets start with my qualifications:

GCSEs (predicted/achieved)

Spoiler

Extracurricular:

Spoiler

I've heard horror stories of straight A* students at GCSEs who get complacent and fail their A-levels and AS, so I really want to work hard next year :smile:

Future:

Spoiler

That's about it, I will probably be updating this once a fortnight with progress and motivational shenanigans if I don't forget :tongue: stay motivated!!

:beer:
First off, the title made me chuckle:biggrin:
I'm off into year 12, tho the only subject we've got in common is English lit. Do you know what books you're doing? I've got no idea lmao:redface:
All the best!:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by troubletracking
First off, the title made me chuckle:biggrin:
I'm off into year 12, tho the only subject we've got in common is English lit. Do you know what books you're doing? I've got no idea lmao:redface:
All the best!:smile:

glad i made u chuckle:biggrin:
for summer reading we got told to read Dracula, The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories (Angela Carter), The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Writings (Edgar Allan Poe) and The Gothic Tradition. we're doing gothic books for first year i think cant remember anything tho lol

i have only read dracula of all my books with only a week left of holiday, and still havent started a 2k word essay on some random book extract which we got NO help or guidance on. not to mention more books to read for philosophy and ANOTHER 2k essay to do on a subject ive never done.

e n d m e
Original post by imdeded
glad i made u chuckle:biggrin:
for summer reading we got told to read Dracula, The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories (Angela Carter), The Fall of the House of Usher and Other Writings (Edgar Allan Poe) and The Gothic Tradition. we're doing gothic books for first year i think cant remember anything tho lol

i have only read dracula of all my books with only a week left of holiday, and still havent started a 2k word essay on some random book extract which we got NO help or guidance on. not to mention more books to read for philosophy and ANOTHER 2k essay to do on a subject ive never done.

e n d m e

Ooh we've got a gothic option too, but there's also a dystopian option and I don't know which one I'm on. Currently trudging my way through Frankenstein atm and I've got to read 1984 as well by next week when I start, so it seems A levels are off to a good start for both of us:redface:
Sheesh, you have to read so many! Hopefully you'll read them in class too though so if you haven't read them all you will then..?
Good luck with the essay though (as if they've set you an essay already wtf)
Reply 4
Original post by troubletracking
Ooh we've got a gothic option too, but there's also a dystopian option and I don't know which one I'm on. Currently trudging my way through Frankenstein atm and I've got to read 1984 as well by next week when I start, so it seems A levels are off to a good start for both of us:redface:
Sheesh, you have to read so many! Hopefully you'll read them in class too though so if you haven't read them all you will then..?
Good luck with the essay though (as if they've set you an essay already wtf)

nice, im actually enjoying the gothic stuff pretty interesting
and yeah we got set SO much work its ridiculous every other subject got barely anything fml, how are we meant to do an essay on a book weve never read before with absolutely zero help or advice:angry:
lets smash these a lvls tho we can do it:biggrin:
Original post by imdeded
nice, im actually enjoying the gothic stuff pretty interesting
and yeah we got set SO much work its ridiculous every other subject got barely anything fml, how are we meant to do an essay on a book weve never read before with absolutely zero help or advice:angry:
lets smash these a lvls tho we can do it:biggrin:

ALl the best, I'll be watching this thread:tongue:
Hell yes a levels won't know what hit em:wink:
Reply 6
3/9/2018 Update: First day of y12 and oh my god was there so much work set. I procrastinated during the holidays and am only just now starting to do my english essay which is due for tommorow, i'll probably be pulling an all-nighter to get it all done, as well as some further maths work and philosophy notes i need to make. Philosophy class was amazing (studying epistemology and descartes' second meditation) and I feel like I will enjoy it the most; further maths class was much much harder than gcse and I feel like I'm soo far behind (never felt that way in maths before) but I guess I will get better with practice:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending