niceu~
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
Having got accommodation confirmed I've been offered my second choice which is Winkworth House, I'm a bit unhappy because I've heard a few bad reviews about it...?
I was wondering if anyone else has any experience staying here and if there is anyone who was also offered this for Sept 2018?
Thanks
Dann_CMM
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got Winkworth too (also my second choice) and I must admit, I’m in exactly the same position as you. I’ve seen a few bad reviews about it and have been sceptical ever since receiving my offer. I’m trying to stick to a ‘it’s what you make of it’ kind of attitude though!
0SP0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've got winkworth this year and abit disappointed as well, can you tell me how you guys found it??
niceu~
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
It actually wasn't that bad at all, it has really nice big kitchens which is better than some other halls of flats the same size and has a great location as it is close to the uni, bars and clubs etc. The only thing really that could be a lot better is for halls its quite hard to meet people outside of your own flat so I would recommend trying to meet others in the same block as you. As for uni halls it is one of the older ones so isn't as modern as others and some people didn't enjoy this.But honestly I had a great time there and it didn't impact how I enjoyed the year at uni.Hope this gives you an idea of how it was and hope you enjoy Bristol once you start
0SP0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by niceu~)
It actually wasn't that bad at all, it has really nice big kitchens which is better than some other halls of flats the same size and has a great location as it is close to the uni, bars and clubs etc. The only thing really that could be a lot better is for halls its quite hard to meet people outside of your own flat so I would recommend trying to meet others in the same block as you. As for uni halls it is one of the older ones so isn't as modern as others and some people didn't enjoy this.But honestly I had a great time there and it didn't impact how I enjoyed the year at uni.Hope this gives you an idea of how it was and hope you enjoy Bristol once you start
Thanks, that's the first thing positive I've found about it.

Can I just ask was the WIFI/Internet any good there? and if your flatmates were sociable? (i know that depends on who you get but it has a reputation apparently to attract those who stay in their rooms mainly.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (78)
29.21%
No (189)
70.79%

Watched Threads