The Student Room Group

Allergic to vegetables, need vitamin supplement advice

Unfortunately I am confirmed allergic to vegetables by my doctor and says it is not a worry since most people don't eat vegetables anyway however they are the most healthy thing you can have and I cannot have them in my diet.

I have recently heard of vitamin supplements but I do not know if they are simply snake oil or actually work so I did some digging to find something that will give me every single thing the body needs everyday and I found this: https://www.grenade.com/uk/ration-pack (weird name)

First of all do vitamin supplements work and are able to effectively replace vegetables nutrients and minerals? Secondly is what I linked one of the best for getting everything the body needs?
Reply 1
Anyone?
Reply 2
Please help
Reply 3
anyone?
Reply 4
You're allergic to all vegetables? Every single one of them? And your doctor offered you no nutritional advice? Sounds likely
Reply 5
Original post by BKS
You're allergic to all vegetables? Every single one of them? And your doctor offered you no nutritional advice? Sounds likely

Yes as well as nuts, beans and fruit. He is an allergist and told me to check in with my GP instead to do with nutritional advice (he was a fat person so no surprise there) but the GP said to get vitamin supplements which is why I am asking here, to know if the one in the OP is any good and if not what else is there.
Your doctor can't recommend you any vitamin supplements?
I'd google what vitamins fruit and veg give you(vitamin C, D, B12 etc.) and try and find a supplement which contains as much of these as possible.
Reply 7
Take multivitamins, and anything else that you can't get in your diet.
Reply 8
Original post by AzureCeleste
Your doctor can't recommend you any vitamin supplements?
I'd google what vitamins fruit and veg give you(vitamin C, D, B12 etc.) and try and find a supplement which contains as much of these as possible.

The GP said any will do but I doubt this as there are obvious quality differences that can make the difference so that is why I have asked here.
Reply 9
Original post by Bio 7
Take multivitamins, and anything else that you can't get in your diet.

Yes but is the one I linked in the OP any good?
Reply 10
Original post by pirilaro
Yes but is the one I linked in the OP any good?

Looks good. Food doesn't really provide people with everything they need always anyway, taking supplements like this will be healthier than most people.
Original post by pirilaro
The GP said any will do but I doubt this as there are obvious quality differences that can make the difference so that is why I have asked here.

No...I wouldnt say so. Vitamins are vitamins, vitamin C from 1 company is no better quality wise than one from another. How much of your RI it contains will be different and how it tastes will be but not quality wise better.

I've looked at the link. That seems like a good idea, those vitamins. It contains almost 100% of your RI for most of them and some other foods you eat in the day could make it up to 100.

Quick Reply

Latest