Fatima patelx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys so for my alevels I’ve so far chosen chemistry and phycology I’m thinking of doing maths (got grade 8 in gcse) no I’m really stuck between rs and sociology. Please could someone help me I want to do rs but Im scared it’s not worth much is this true ??
VVDOOMVV
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fatima patelx)
Hey guys so for my alevels I’ve so far chosen chemistry and phycology I’m thinking of doing maths (got grade 8 in gcse) no I’m really stuck between rs and sociology. Please could someone help me I want to do rs but Im scared it’s not worth much is this true ??
depends on your desired degree choice. However maths is far more useful overall
Fatima patelx
Rep:
?
(Original post by VVDOOMVV)
depends on your desired degree choice. However maths is far more useful overall
Yeah you see that’s the thing I’m just so stuck like I don’t know what I wanna do at uni but I just know I like phycology and chemistry . I’m really stuck between rs and sociology . And yeah I’m going towards maths caz ive heard it’s pretty useful and it’ll let me keep my options open
VVDOOMVV
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
if you are unsure, maths is the way to go!

(Original post by Fatima patelx)
Yeah you see that’s the thing I’m just so stuck like I don’t know what I wanna do at uni but I just know I like phycology and chemistry . I’m really stuck between rs and sociology . And yeah I’m going towards maths caz ive heard it’s pretty useful and it’ll let me keep my options open
VVDOOMVV
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
however I would stress that making an informed degree choice is going to take some time and therefore picking broad options gives you more flexibility
Fatima patelx
Rep:
?
Ik but I have to start off with 4 alevels in my sixth form 😭😭😭so stuck for my fourth one
Fatima patelx
Rep:
?
however I would stress that making an informed degree choice is going to take some time and therefore picking broad

options gives you more flexibility
So would you recommend like maths and chem caz quite broad . I was thinking emglish for my fourth because I did quite good at gcse but I’m like not naturally good at it. So I’m still stuck between rs and socio 😫
VVDOOMVV
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
[QUOTE=Fatima patelx;79459796]So would you recommend like maths and chem caz quite broad . I was thinking emglish for my fourth because I did quite good at gcse but I’m like not naturally good at it. So I’m still stuck between rs and socio 😫[/QUOT

Maths, Chem, English Lit and either one science / respected humanities subject (eg psych, bio, physics, history) - that is the most logical idea.

as for deciding between rs and socio - i'd argue they aren't the best subjects unless you plan on going into those fields. If so, then they are both ideal subjects
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (628)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (311)
20.43%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.53%

Watched Threads