The Student Room Group

What subjects should I choose?

Received my GCSE results today but not sure what combination of subjects to take. I’ve narrowed my options to Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Economics and History so I need 3/4 of those to take to A level. I got grades 8 in maths, 9 in chem, 8 in phy, and 9 in history. What combination of these subjects would be best to keep my options open in terms of uni degrees? I’m thinking of going down the engineering route but am equally interested in finance. Any advice would be really appreciated
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
I'm sorry i dont understand the new gcse grade thing so your grades don't mean much to me, when I did gcses's they were graded with letters. If you're planning on doing engineering I would advise that you do Chemistry Physics and Maths for sure. That will open doors for you in the engineering field. I did History at A Level and enjoyed it however it is quite exhausting especially at A2 where you have to complete coursework. It really got in the way of me preparing for my exams but i'm sure if you manage your time REALLY WELL you can manage it all and not have a problem with it.

Quick Reply

Latest