The Student Room Group

Straight 9s at your school?

Hey
How many people got straight 9s (or whatever the highest grade is e.g. A^) at your school?

Scroll to see replies

Think it was 1 at mine. They take a stupid number of GCSEs though :redface: Also normal state school in an okay but not amazing area so not an amazing school or anything!
Original post by SephyRose
19 at my school. Yep, one-nine, nineteen. Some smart as hell people.

Jeez, that's a hell lot of smart people! We had three in our school. (Still gutted I missed out by getting 3 8s and the rest 9s)
Original post by savage_queen
Jeez, that's a hell lot of smart people! We had three in our school. (Still gutted I missed out by getting 3 8s and the rest 9s)

Gutted over only 8s and 9s???! You did so well! You should be proud of yourself.
Original post by SephyRose
Gutted over only 8s and 9s???! You did so well! You should be proud of yourself.

Thank you so much! I'm just very competitive so I was slightly upset aha. Well done to you too btw, I'm sure you did amazing!
None at mine. :rofl:
None at mine. Top performer got 3 9s. Had they all been 9-1 last year, I'd think one of my friends would get majority 9s. (he got 998 and rest A*s)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
78 at ours but its was the top performing co-ed according to the Times list (180 in year)
Reply 8
Sorry that was 9/8s
Original post by sqrt(e/m)=c
Hey
How many people got straight 9s (or whatever the highest grade is e.g. A^) at your school?

2 people at my school, but a lot got over 5 9s. One of the people who got straight 9s is also an American so it was very embarrassing.
There were 2 at our school (one of them being me); we each did 11 GCSEs. How many did people at your schools take?
Reply 11
Original post by _gcx
None at mine. Top performer got 3 9s. Had they all been 9-1 last year, I'd think one of my friends would get majority 9s. (he got 998 and rest A*s)

you’re too kind *blushes*
Reply 12
Thank you so much! I'm just very competitive so I was slightly upset aha. Well done to you too btw, I'm sure you did amazing!

I'm in the same position! I got 8s in English lit, lang and French with the rest nines. I'm still upset tbh and changed A level English lit to econ. What did you get your 8s/9s in?
(edited 5 years ago)
One guy at our school, but I got very close. 2 As, 8A*s, a 9, and a 5
One at my school, although a couple got like 3 9s
Original post by hp4300
I'm in the same position! I got 8s in English lit, lang and French. I'm still upset tbh and changed A level English lit to econ. What did you get your 8s/9s in?

I got 8s in English lit, biology and CS and 9s in everything else + A^ in fm aha. Was quite upset with CS as I was hoping for a 9 but I guess I can always do better at A-lvel CS! What A-levels are you doing?
Reply 16
I got 8s in English lit, biology and CS and 9s in everything else + A^ in fm aha. Was quite upset with CS as I was hoping for a 9 but I guess I can always do better at A-lvel CS! What A-levels are you doing?

I got a 9 in CS and wasn't expecting that at all. I'm doing history, maths and economics for A level and am looking at law at an RG uni and maybe oxbridge if this year goes well. What are you looking to do at uni and where? Are you thinking of applying to oxbridge?
Original post by hp4300
I got a 9 in CS and wasn't expecting that at all. I'm doing history, maths and economics for A level and am looking at law at an RG uni and maybe oxbridge if this year goes well. What are you looking to do at uni and where? Are you thinking of applying to oxbridge?

Well done on the CS! I'm doing maths, fm, cs and physics so hoping to do computing at a RG uni too (preferably oxbridge too) :u:
At my (average state comprehensive) school the highest was 7 9s:smile: (as far as I’m aware) We do 10 gcses so it was amazing!:yep:
Reply 19
Well done on the CS! I'm doing maths, fm, cs and physics so hoping to do computing at a RG uni too (preferably oxbridge too) :u:

Congrats on your results too! Good luck this year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest