Nursing access course Watch

Christina!X
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi,
Has anyone here completed a nursing access course ? I am on the biology unit and my assessment is devising a research proposal on the physological response to a stressful situation?
I am really stuck I have not started it yet as I don’t understand what I need to do.
Please if anyone can help
Thank you
Andremasil
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think you need to develop a proposal on how the physiological responses to a stressful situation? How a stressful event affect the body system?

"When you are in a stressful situation, your body launches a physical response. Your nervous system springs into action, releasing hormones that prepare you to either fight or take off. It's called the "fight or flight" response, and it's why, when you're in a stressful situation, you may notice that your heartbeat speeds up, your breathing gets faster, your muscles tense, and you start to sweat. This kind of stress is short-term and temporary (acute stress), and your body usually recovers quickly from it.
But if your stress system stays activated over a long period of time (chronic stress), it can lead to or aggravate more serious health problems. The constant rush of stress hormones can put a lot of wear and tear on your body, causing it to age more quickly and making it more prone to illness.
If you've been stressed out for a short period of time, you may start to notice some of these physical signs:
Fatigue Difficulty sleeping Difficulty concentrating Upset stomach Irritability When stress becomes long-term and is not properly addressed, it can lead to a number of more serious health conditions, including: Depression High blood pressure Abnormal heartbeat (arrhythmia) Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis) Heart disease Heart attack Heartburn, ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome..etc"

That is what I understood .. but you better of talking to you teacher.. good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.38%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%