Lloyds Software Development Apprenticeship: assessment centre help Watch

cpfc95
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everyone,
I've been invited to the Lloyds Banking Group assessment centre in the near future and I was wondering if anyone knows what sort of thing I should expect. I've been informed that the day will be split into 4 parts: a 1-on-1 interview, a group exercise, 4/5 micro-tasks and a VR exercise. The micro-tasks and the VR exercise are a complete mystery to me and I find myself wondering what on earth I'll be expected to do. I'm desperately keen to get this job and I was hoping that someone might be able to offer some advice.

Thanks very much!
Fresher4now
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,I have been invited as well on next week, I have applied for software tester apprentice and got the same 4 exercise to do what you have mentioned in your post. I am guessing for VR exercise it will be more about how you behave in a particular scenario, whether you can take right steps to complete the task or come out of particular situation. Not sure about micro exercise.Has anyone else invited for any other apprentice on the same day for LBG?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I’m currently working at Lloyds Banking Group in Edinburgh as a sub-contractor from another company based in London.

I’m currently helping out there as a Senior Fullstack Developer.

This excerise seems kinda pointless to me actually. It’d be easier to assess your actual skills that you’ll actually be utilising at the company... hmm... well that’s strange.

Most likely you’ll be working on a particular set of products and allocated to a particular team (e.g. features) and carry out the tasks there using Jira as your friend and GitLab and various other tools. Can’t really say much more than that sorry; security bound.

What I can say is that testing is considered very important. At all aspects (not just unit tests, those are assumed that you’ll do them) and End-2-End Testing, User Acceptance, etc. The full works, whatever framework. I can’t say which ones are being used, but it’s all the popular ones you’ve heard of. So yeah, testing, planning and Scrum - all incredibly important, along with team work. I suppose in the end that explains the weird things they have you do to assess team work elegibility ?

Maybe if you tell me more I might be able to help because right now I’m just hearing ‘micro-tasks’ and ‘VR’. Can you expand on this please. Are you referring to maybe NodeJS services or something? Or Java based? Sorry just confused. And I’ve worked across the various main teams that Lloyds uses for their Online Banking system and other services (not just for themselves but for others too.... that’s as far as I can say on that bit). And haven’t come across anything about VR or this other stuff.

My the way, never be afraid to push back and ask for clarification. Just be polite when asking. I know that some of us have to keep pushing all the time, but whether or not the LBG people like it or not, well - not really my concern.
StudentCj0301
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Have you heard back yet? Cpfc95?
Fresher4now
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by StudentCj0301)
Have you heard back yet? Cpfc95?
Hi,

I received an email on 21/09/2018 at 4pm saying I have not been successful this time. Can not believe this as I have already passed ISTQB software testing exam and got certificate as well which non of the other candidates had. my group discussion and strength based interview went well as well. GL to others.
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Fresher4now)
Hi,

I received an email on 21/09/2018 at 4pm saying I have not been successful this time. Can not believe this as I have already passed ISTQB software testing exam and got certificate as well which non of the other candidates had. my group discussion and strength based interview went well as well. GL to others.
Sorry to hear that! Have you been in contact with them to seek feedback? Sometimes it's hard to be able to guess why an interview did or didn't go well; if you're not sure why, then hearing their feedback on you might give you something to work on for the next time you go through an interview or assessment day.
gradapp2020
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi I’m sorry you didn’t get the offer!Would you be able to share your experience of the assessment centre e.g the micro exercise or VR?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (444)
59.04%
Yes- I don't like it (42)
5.59%
No- I want it (216)
28.72%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.65%

Watched Threads