The Current Year 12 Thread Mark l (2018-2019) Watch

HowToBeABlobfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by jøseph)
Hii I'm Joseph, I'm 16 and I'm always tired. In my spare time I play guitar (self-taught), listen to music (mostly TØP), walk my dogs, read and sleep.

For GCSEs I got:
English Language: 8
English Literature: 8
Maths: 9
Biology: 9
Chemistry: 9
Physics: 9
Geography: 9
French: 8
Religious Studies: 9

For A levels I'm doing:
Biology
Chemistry
Maths
Further Maths

After sixth form I'll probably take a gap year, but I'm not sure. I don't know what career I want, but it'll be something to do with either medicine, animals or maths (I think).

I'm quite nervous for Year 12 because of a few reasons: I'm not good with meeting new people; there's high expectations; there's a huge workload; and it was hard enough trying to manage my mental health during my GCSEs - never mind A levels. But, at the same time I'm pretty excited and I think I'll enjoy it.

Here's my GYG: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5546376
Hey Joseph! Congratulations on your grades, they're amazing! Good luck with your A-Levels, they're really hefty so good luck, it'll be awesome! Good luck with everything, and well done for having such an awesome music taste!!
Spoiler:
Show

TØP forever.
username4227806
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by HowToBeABlobfish)
Hey Joseph! Congratulations on your grades, they're amazing! Good luck with your A-Levels, they're really hefty so good luck, it'll be awesome! Good luck with everything, and well done for having such an awesome music taste!!
Spoiler:
Show

TØP forever.
Thanks! Good luck to you too

Spoiler:
Show
||-//
seanladd12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
- introduce yourself
I am Sean kelly and I am 16 and I am half Indonesian and half British
- what are your hobbies/interests?
I like to play video games and I like watching Widnes rugby with my family.
- what are you hoping/thinking you'll get for your gcses?
See below
- what are your actual gcse grades?
In my gcse I got 4 8s 1 7 3 6s and a 5
- what subjects are you planning to take?
Maths physics and economics
- if you are thinking of going to uni, what course do you want to and where do you plan to go?
Economics at either Manchester or Liverpool or maybe lancaster
- what career do you hope to have in the future?

Hoping to get a career in the financial sector
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by seanladd12)
- introduce yourself
I am Sean kelly and I am 16 and I am half Indonesian and half British
- what are your hobbies/interests?
I like to play video games and I like watching Widnes rugby with my family.
- what are you hoping/thinking you'll get for your gcses?
See below
- what are your actual gcse grades?
In my gcse I got 4 8s 1 7 3 6s and a 5
- what subjects are you planning to take?
Maths physics and economics
- if you are thinking of going to uni, what course do you want to and where do you plan to go?
Economics at either Manchester or Liverpool or maybe lancaster
- what career do you hope to have in the future?

Hoping to get a career in the financial sector
hi sean! i'm half indonesian also:gah:
good luck for this year!
KawaiiCupcake
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by forre)
Was the head start ting worth it?
I mean it was ok, it sort of made sure you fully understood certain bits of the gcse fully, and introduced key topics moving forward. If you were a bit behind or insecure at gcse, or if you feel like you forgot everything over the summer, then yh it's definitely worth it I guess. Otherwise, you probably know everything already and your teacher will teach you the new stuff next year so yh
Fazzy_77
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, I'm Fazzy_77. I'm 16 and a professional procrastinator.
For my GCSE's I achieved five 9's and five 8's.
For A-Levels I am planning to take Maths, Economics and Chemistry.
In the future I would like to go into computer science.
spearmint67
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hey,,, i am spearmint67 (i didnt know what username to pick and i was chewing gum)

predicted/actual grade
computer science-- 7/8
eng lang--- U/6
eng lit--- 1/4
maths-- 6/5
music-- 6/3 (i got a 7 and 6 in practical work but did badly on the written exam)
combined science-- 4-3/6-5
history-- 3/5
re-- 1/3

taking computer science, history and photography for a levels.
wanna go university for computer science.
i like playing guitar, ukulele, piano (a bit) and drawing.
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fazzy_77)
Hi, I'm Fazzy_77. I'm 16 and a professional procrastinator.
For my GCSE's I achieved five 9's and five 8's.
For A-Levels I am planning to take Maths, Economics and Chemistry.
In the future I would like to go into computer science.
(Original post by spearmint67)
hey,,, i am spearmint67 (i didnt know what username to pick and i was chewing gum)

predicted/actual grade
computer science-- 7/8
eng lang--- U/6
eng lit--- 1/4
maths-- 6/5
music-- 6/3 (i got a 7 and 6 in practical work but did badly on the written exam)
combined science-- 4-3/6-5
history-- 3/5
re-- 1/3

taking computer science, history and photography for a levels.
wanna go university for computer science.
i like playing guitar, ukulele, piano (a bit) and drawing.
good luck for this year both of you
shawmc2002
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm Shaw I just finished year 11.
Got 7s in most subjects but 8 in maths and 6 in RE
My A levels are Maths Further Maths Computer Science and Economics
I hope to study computer science at university and go into a career with computing or programming, potentially as a software engineer.
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by shawmc2002)
I'm Shaw I just finished year 11.
Got 7s in most subjects but 8 in maths and 6 in RE
My A levels are Maths Further Maths Computer Science and Economics
I hope to study computer science at university and go into a career with computing or programming, potentially as a software engineer.
good luck!
saffburst
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ashestostardust)
Hiya! I'm Molly and I'm good at crying! I am fiercely interested in politics, reading all sorts of things and creative writing. At GCSE I was so frickin blessed to get a 9, four 8s, three 7s, two A*s and an A. For A level, as it stands, I'm planning on taking English Lit, English Lang, Politics and an EPQ. Ideally, I'd like to study English Literature at Edinburgh although I am also looking at Exeter, Liverpool and Glasgow as backups (maybe also Oxford Brookes). Aspirationally speaking, I'd like to become a novelist but who honestly knows where life will take me at this point. Cannot wait to go back to school; I need some damn order in my life.
i love politics too and i'm taking it as well! are you a member of a party? (i'm a member of labour). i became an expert at crying after my 5 in history lmao but i'm hoping to make up for it in the A Level. congrats on your great results, and good luck with your future plans! x
ashestostardust
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by saffburst)
i love politics too and i'm taking it as well! are you a member of a party? (i'm a member of labour). i became an expert at crying after my 5 in history lmao but i'm hoping to make up for it in the A Level. congrats on your great results, and good luck with your future plans! x
I’m also a member of the Labour Party!!! Have been for about 2 years now! And Lmao I deserve a PhD with how much crying I do 😂😂good luck with your plans as well!! You’re gonna do great!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by ashestostardust; 3 months ago
saffburst
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
  1. hello everyone, i'm saffron. i enjoy politics, art, and i am currently attempting to teach myself the bass guitar ('attempting' being the key word). i got mostly 6s, a few 7s and an 8 in art (no idea how i pulled that one off) at GCSE. i also got a 5 in history but i'm currently trying not to think about that lol. i am planning to take art, politics and history for a level and i'm thinking of taking either politics or law at maybe bristol uni (though i hear that some unis don't accept art as an a level when doing a degree in law... so i guess i'll figure that one out nearer the time? eek...). as a career i hope to go into politics, though i'm 100% sure i will need a backup option somewhere along the way.
    i don't have a GYG as i'm just taking things as they come, but i'm excited to be active on this thread. bye for now!
saffburst
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ashestostardust)
I’m also a member of the Labour Party!!! Have been for about 2 years now! And Lmao I deserve a PhD with how much crying I do 😂😂good luck with your plans as well!! You’re gonna do great!
that's great! glad to meet another labourite. and fingers crossed for my future
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by saffburst)
  1. hello everyone, i'm saffron. i enjoy politics, art, and i am currently attempting to teach myself the bass guitar ('attempting' being the key word). i got mostly 6s, a few 7s and an 8 in art (no idea how i pulled that one off) at GCSE. i also got a 5 in history but i'm currently trying not to think about that lol. i am planning to take art, politics and history for a level and i'm thinking of taking either politics or law at maybe bristol uni (though i hear that some unis don't accept art as an a level when doing a degree in law... so i guess i'll figure that one out nearer the time? eek...). as a career i hope to go into politics, though i'm 100% sure i will need a backup option somewhere along the way.
    i don't have a GYG as i'm just taking things as they come, but i'm excited to be active on this thread. bye for now!
good luck for this year saffron
shalomjackie
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hey everyone, im C (don't want to post my name)

i got 6 9s, 2 8s and 2As in my gcses and I'm going to study biology, chemistry and maths along with an EPQ at a level.

I want to study medicine at university and I am currently wanting to go to Glasgow, but I am also looking at Newcastle and other universities as well.

I love finding new music to listen to and my favourite band is catfish and the bottleman, but i listen to pretty much any genre of music that I can. I also really like reading and running (when I can be bothered to at least).

My GYG is https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5547192 if anyone wants to check it out and I'd love to see some of yours!
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
(Original post by shalomjackie)
hey everyone, im C (don't want to post my name)

i got 6 9s, 2 8s and 2As in my gcses and I'm going to study biology, chemistry and maths along with an EPQ at a level.

I want to study medicine at university and I am currently wanting to go to Glasgow, but I am also looking at Newcastle and other universities as well.

I love finding new music to listen to and my favourite band is catfish and the bottleman, but i listen to pretty much any genre of music that I can. I also really like reading and running (when I can be bothered to at least).

My GYG is https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5547192 if anyone wants to check it out and I'd love to see some of yours!
your grades are so good:eek: good luck for this year!
will check out your gyg:heart:
shalomjackie
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
your grades are so good:eek: good luck for this year!
will check out your gyg:heart:
thank you so much!! good luck to you too <3
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Stress queen
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Heyy guys, I'm planning on doing chem, bio and re for A levels and i also might resit my maths gcse since i need a 6 in it but got a 5 instead haha
Last edited by Stress queen; 3 months ago
rcartist
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, I'm Becka. I just finished GCSEs and would like to do Maths(certain), physics(certain), and either chemistry or art at Alevel (not so sure). I got 9,9,8,8,8,8,8,8,A^,7,A. I've also always considered architecture as a career plan too, as I've always been good at art, however after going through the GCSE process of exams,I'm not sure if art is still worth my time. I love maths, and want to do a science- physics. My ideal combo would have included art, but now I'm reconsidering it (since I'm not sure if arch. would be too arty based - i just have really good skill in drawing- not actually being creative).
So would a better plan be to take Maths, Chemistry, Physics (keeping my options open) and then maybe make up a portfolio and maintain art as a hobby? Any opinions would help. Thanks.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?