The Student Room Group

Help?? Should I get a remark?????

I’m going to get straight to the point here, I have a few GCSE results I’m skeptical about:

First of all, in Applied Business I was one mark off a grade A (ums was 160, I achieved 159). Apparently I had missed out on an A on my coursework by a mark (??? Even though I got told I’d secured a solid A). The thing that scares me most is that they may put my grade down (which would really annoy me).

Then there’s English literature (the one which makes least sense). Throughout year 11, i achieved a grade 8 in this. So you can imagine how peeved I was when the results said “5”. ( I got an 8 in English Language though....thank goodness). Again I’m worried my grade may be put down...

And finally, there’s Graphics where I missed out on a grade A by 4 marks (don’t know if that’s worth a remark tbh). Again, you can probably guess my main worry.

I have no experience with remarks and whatnot , so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
(edited 5 years ago)
I don't know how far of a C you are but the chances of you losing that many marks when you are one off an A are very slim.

How close are you to going down a grade boundary? It must be quite a lot of marks away for you to be considering a remark to go up. The chances of you going down by that much are going to be very slim.

For some of the remarks it may be worth speaking to your teachers and seeing what they think
Reply 2
There is that chance, but only do it if you’re very close to the grade boundaries and ask your teacher what the best thing to do about it is. Language is the more desired subject over literature by colleges anyway and counts as ‘English’ so don’t be feeling so awful. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest