Asking a girl out again? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
A few months I asked this girl out who I really like. Were not close friends, but we are friends. Anyway, she gave me her number, but told me because of things going on in her life at the time she didn’t want to start dating yet. So, as it’s been a few months and she didn’t directly say no is it ok to give it another shot. Also, as were not close friends I haven’t seen her much at all over the summer, so what are some suggestions on asking her out.
Idkdude
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, try not to be like to direct or smt, go around see how she feels
agrew
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For me it sounds like one of those stupid excuse girls give you when they don't want to date you.

A girl, or actually any person would give you an excuse, because it's hard to explicitly reject someone. Most people want to avoid really hurting others, that's why we have "you remind me of my ex", "I'm busy with my life", "my cat is pregnant" and so on.
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by agrew)
For me it sounds like one of those stupid excuse girls give you when they don't want to date you.

A girl, or actually any person would give you an excuse, because it's hard to explicitly reject someone. Most people want to avoid really hurting others, that's why we have "you remind me of my ex", "I'm busy with my life", "my cat is pregnant" and so on.
And if a girl really likes you she will do everything to avoid having to give you an excuse (and fail to make amends)
Trust Orang
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A few months I asked this girl out who I really like. Were not close friends, but we are friends. Anyway, she gave me her number, but told me because of things going on in her life at the time she didn’t want to start dating yet. So, as it’s been a few months and she didn’t directly say no is it ok to give it another shot. Also, as were not close friends I haven’t seen her much at all over the summer, so what are some suggestions on asking her out.
"because of things going on in her life at the time she didn’t want to start dating yet" = a nice way of saying you're not hot enough for her to be attracted to, or happy to be seen in public with. This question is moot because the answer has always been and always will be; "no".

Which also means you have nothing to lose by asking her out. Go ahead, but I bet you £20 you'll be rejected. Meaningful failure is still better than cowardice though, so I'd admire you more for trying and failing than for not trying at all.

You deserve her and if she's not up for it, then ask her and you deserve someone who appreciates your bravery.

If not, then you deserve someone as pathetic as you.

No hate brah, all love from this side of the internet, go and be a man! I'm behind you no matter what happens!
LordLucifer
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I will say, some people are busy with their lives and dont really wanna date anyone, no offence to you just not the right time
I'd say just hang out with her, try and get closer to her first as a friend then try and see if shes ready for dating again

On the other hand if you dont wanna wait, ask her out to like eat or something small. She still might not be ready just prepare for that
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by agrew)

I agree with what you said and usually I do find this as an excuse to let you down easy.

But the thing is before I asked her out, she did show a lot of interest, which was the reason I asked her. And when I did ask her out she did seem really interested. She gave me her number before I could even ask her, and a few days after she added me on social media, which is unusual if she was not interested at all.

Also, I did give her the chance to say if she was not interested.

I started to chat with her over text for a few days before properly asking her out. But when I asked her out she didn’t reply, so I text her telling her it was fine if she was not interested just let me know. she eventually text back and told me she liked me but was just not ready to date. So giving her the opportunity to say no, I thought if she was not interested at all she would say so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (88)
18.92%
Labour (229)
49.25%
Liberal Democrats (61)
13.12%
Green Party (28)
6.02%
Brexit Party (6)
1.29%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.65%
SNP (10)
2.15%
Plaid Cymru (3)
0.65%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
1.29%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (2)