The Student Room Group

Boyfriend following dating sites/app pages on Instagram.

My long distance boyfriend that I've been with for a year has recently in the last few months started following dating site and dating app pages on Instagram (e.g tinder and bumble) should i be worried he's using them and cheating? Is it normal for people on relationships follow them? He's also been becoming distant the last few weeks like he doesn't want to talk.
Reply 1
no, it's not normal. how did you find out?
Reply 2
Original post by Joleee
no, it's not normal. how did you find out?

I looked through the people he was following through my Instagram because I was worried.
Original post by Popstar24
My long distance boyfriend that I've been with for a year has recently in the last few months started following dating site and dating app pages on Instagram (e.g tinder and bumble) should i be worried he's using them and cheating? Is it normal for people on relationships follow them? He's also been becoming distant the last few weeks like he doesn't want to talk.

tbh just ask him but make a joke out of it be like tinder accounts huh???? what's this about 😉 and see how he reacts
Reply 4
Original post by lucylixiang
tbh just ask him but make a joke out of it be like tinder accounts huh???? what's this about 😉 and see how he reacts

He'll react bad because he's told me before not to accuse him of cheating because he wouldn't and it make him want to when I do. But I don't know what else I can do I've just got to do it and hope for the best
Reply 5
I looked through the people he was following through my Instagram because I was worried.

you need to ask him, but be prepared that he'll probably make up some lame-ass excuse. cheaters usually don't just come out and admit it unless they're ready to break up. are you willing to believe him is the real question. sorry to hear you have to go through this.:frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Joleee
you need to ask him, but be prepared that he'll probably make up some lame-ass excuse. cheaters usually don't just come out and admit it unless they're ready to break up. are you willing to believe him is the real question. sorry to hear you have to go through this.:frown:

It's OK it's not your fault. It's not the first time I've caught him doing something like this. About six months ago I saw some comments he'd been putting on this woman's picture. Telling her he love her and that she should message him. I confronted him then and he said he was sorry and gave me his passwords to all him social medias. But I believe he wouldn't do it again so I got rid of them. I don't know. He's changed since then and I'm worried what he'll say.
Reply 7
It's OK it's not your fault. It's not the first time I've caught him doing something like this. About six months ago I saw some comments he'd been putting on this woman's picture. Telling her he love her and that she should message him. I confronted him then and he said he was sorry and gave me his passwords to all him social medias. But I believe he wouldn't do it again so I got rid of them. I don't know. He's changed since then and I'm worried what he'll say.

i was in the exact same position. my ex had profiles on multiple dating sites and he was in a long distance relationship with another girl for 2 years. i had no idea because i wasn't following him on social media and we worked different hours, so he could cheat while i was at work. yeah, my ex also allowed me to go through his emails to show me he was sorry and he had changed. long story short, we didn't work out.

if your partner knows you're following him on instagram and you have his pass codes, why would he be so stupid to be on dating sites??
Reply 8
Cheating
Reply 9
Original post by Joleee
i was in the exact same position. my ex had profiles on multiple dating sites and he was in a long distance relationship with another girl for 2 years. i had no idea because i wasn't following him on social media and we worked different hours, so he could cheat while i was at work. yeah, my ex also allowed me to go through his emails to show me he was sorry and he had changed. long story short, we didn't work out.

if your partner knows you're following him on instagram and you have his pass codes, why would he be so stupid to be on dating sites??

I don't know if he's on a dating site or whether he just follows there instagram pages

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending