The Student Room Group

Am I doing the wrong A level options?

I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computing as they are all subjects that I look into in my free time and I enjoy working through problems based on those subjects. At GCSE, I got A's in all of them except Physics, where I got an A star; I want to make a living out of computer programming but I also have an interest in Corporate Law, strange considering my options except (as childish as it may seem) the Netflix series "Suits" intrigues me and I find it interesting. I got an A star star (9) in English literature, A star (8) in History and an A (7) in English language. I don't know what career path to undertake. Please be open minded, thank you in advance.
Reply 1
Yeah that's fine, you've time to decide.

Just a handy life tip, don't draw your impressions of any career based off TV/Netflix shows.
Original post by jabir.hus
I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Computing as they are all subjects that I look into in my free time and I enjoy working through problems based on those subjects. At GCSE, I got A's in all of them except Physics, where I got an A star; I want to make a living out of computer programming but I also have an interest in Corporate Law, strange considering my options except (as childish as it may seem) the Netflix series "Suits" intrigues me and I find it interesting. I got an A star star (9) in English literature, A star (8) in History and an A (7) in English language. I don't know what career path to undertake. Please be open minded, thank you in advance.

Although it’s probably not a great idea to make career decisions on television shows, if you do really think that corporate law could be of interest to you and you would like to do a law degree then perhaps consider an essay subject. You don’t have to do a law degree to become a lawyer (you can do apprenticeships/do a different degree and then the conversion course) but if it is something you’re considering then apparently they like to see evidence of good essay writing which might be easier if you do at least one essay subject. I know people do go into law degrees from STEM a levels however, so if those are definitely the subjects you want to do then i would just do them. Good luck and well done for your results :smile:
****ed it mate. No chance.

Quick Reply

Latest