Can you go into uni with 2 btecs and 1 alevel?

Watch
xaito
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i just picked what i have to do pick for next year and my teacher made me pick 2 btecs (health and social care and Law) and 1 level (psychology), i flopped my maths so i have to resit it and they wont let me pick one more Alevel. Im really scared sjshs
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by xaito)
i just picked what i have to do pick for next year and my teacher made me pick 2 btecs (health and social care and Law) and 1 level (psychology), i flopped my maths so i have to resit it and they wont let me pick one more Alevel. Im really scared
Yes you can get into university with 2 BTECs and an A level. Do you have any thoughts about what you would like to study at university?
xaito
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by PQ)
Yes you can get into university with 2 BTECs and an A level. Do you have any thoughts about what you would like to study at university?
im going to speak to my teacher about changing my alevel options because i was made to choose them on the spot and i didnt really thought about them but i want to do something with fashion or english in uni but im not quite sure yet
Zaynah-yuna
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Most universities (besides a few) go through a UCAS point base system (known as UCAS Tariff) where your BTECs/A-levels equivalates to points and you will need a certain amount of points to get into whichever course you apply.

For me I just got a confirmed place at uni with btec h+S and 2 as-level. According to ucas points my My btec (D*D*) counted as 2 a* A-levels which helped me get my place.

To simplify, if a uni wants a level of AAB, that's around 136 tariff points which is a equivalent of 2 Distinctions and a B at a level.

Here's a link from UCAS that let's you calculate your points if that helps : https://www.ucas.com/ucas/tariff-calculator
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (117)
28.26%
No - I have already returned home (56)
13.53%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (81)
19.57%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.66%
No - I live at home during term anyway (120)
28.99%

Watched Threads