Help ive been stung By a bug and dont know whats happening

Watch
EggFather
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Earlier today i was taking a walk in the park near my house and suddenly i felt a sharp pain in my upper thigh. A bump about 2 inches in diameter appeared shortly after. it has been a few hours now and my upper thigh, waist, crotch, and genitals have begun to swell and become extremely hot. Small bumps are showing up all over these areas and the initial bump from earlier is slowly getting larger. It is become yellowish in coloration. There is no itch but it BURNS. Its almost like i was burned in a fire. I keep putting aloe on it but it keeps making it worse. (I've tried 6 or 7 time now, i've tried two different types of aloe cream.) I really need to know whats happening as the burn is extreme. I've got class in the morning and im awake at with this burning, at this rate i wont be able to sleep. I have looked through bug symptoms but have found nothing to match. If anyone can ID what type of insect has done and give me advice on how to treat it it would really be appreciated. My doctor is currently closed so i cant go there.PLEASE HELP.
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd say put a plaster over the sting, I heard they can draw infections
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Whatever bit you, it sounds like an allergic reaction. No one can, or will diagnose you online so you should go to your nearest walk in centre or urgent care. If there are none then go to a and e. But get it seen asap
I'm God
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
When does your local GP open?

When they do, book an appointment and go to them as people on TSR can give advice, but it's best to get it checked by the doctor if you are concerned.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by EggFather)
Earlier today i was taking a walk in the park near my house and suddenly i felt a sharp pain in my upper thigh. A bump about 2 inches in diameter appeared shortly after. it has been a few hours now and my upper thigh, waist, crotch, and genitals have begun to swell and become extremely hot. Small bumps are showing up all over these areas and the initial bump from earlier is slowly getting larger. It is become yellowish in coloration. There is no itch but it BURNS. Its almost like i was burned in a fire. I keep putting aloe on it but it keeps making it worse. (I've tried 6 or 7 time now, i've tried two different types of aloe cream.) I really need to know whats happening as the burn is extreme. I've got class in the morning and im awake at with this burning, at this rate i wont be able to sleep. I have looked through bug symptoms but have found nothing to match. If anyone can ID what type of insect has done and give me advice on how to treat it it would really be appreciated. My doctor is currently closed so i cant go there.PLEASE HELP.
Seek medical help ASAP. If you're unsure where to go call 111. A good bet for in a week day is calling and asking for an urgent appointment with GP or heading to a walk in center. To be having such a sudden widespread reaction to anything like a bite is concerning. Doctors can help you but until then things may well just be getting worse and thus more difficult to treat. Sort something out now. Don't wait for it to be blatantly obviously that you need urgent help and don't suffer as you are now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (7)
11.11%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.94%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
4.76%
I need help with my personal statement (27)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (16)
25.4%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.17%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.76%

Watched Threads