I just did the dumbest thing in the history of dumb things

Watch
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Yesterday I collected my GCSE Results in and applied to 4 Sixth Forms on that same day along with my name and the subjects I choose to study at these 4 Sixth Forms which are English Lit, RS/Philosophy and Ethics and Film Studies.

But guess what,

When sending the photos of my GCSE results I neglected to remember that one of the results papers has my U grade in French which I sent to all 4 sixth forms along with the rest of my results, I should have never done this.

So I’m gonna do another stupid thing, ask you if the sixth forms will care about a U grade in French even though French has nothing to do with my A-Level subject requirements and on top of that because I have already achieved a 6/5 in English (English Language being 6), a 5 in Math and a 5-5 in Combined Science Trilogy.

To sum it all up,

Will they reject me based on a U grade in French GCSE?
username3444162
Rep:
?
BUMP
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, they won’t reject you and that was a stupid thing to do. Because you would most likely get accepted in all 4 colleges, which is pretty stupid.
username3444162
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
No, they won’t reject you and that was a stupid thing to do. Because you would most likely get accepted in all 4 colleges, which is pretty stupid.
So getting into all 4 colleges is stupid? Why’s that? I have 0 offers so I’m not gonna hang on one sixth form hoping that they accept me, but thanks for the reply anyhow, much appreciated
CuriousCat567
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It would be worse if you didn’t put it down. You can’t just lie about your results, good luck
username3444162
Rep:
?
(Original post by CuriousCat567)
It would be worse if you didn’t put it down. You can’t just lie about your results, good luck
Thanks so much!
S2M
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Oneiropólos)
Yesterday I collected my GCSE Results in and applied to 4 Sixth Forms on that same day along with my name and the subjects I choose to study at these 4 Sixth Forms which are English Lit, RS/Philosophy and Ethics and Film Studies.

But guess what,

When sending the photos of my GCSE results I neglected to remember that one of the results papers has my U grade in French which I sent to all 4 sixth forms along with the rest of my results, I should have never done this.

So I’m gonna do another stupid thing, ask you if the sixth forms will care about a U grade in French even though French has nothing to do with my A-Level subject requirements and on top of that because I have already achieved a 6/5 in English (English Language being 6), a 5 in Math and a 5-5 in Combined Science Trilogy.

To sum it all up,

You still need to tell the school all of your GCSE grades. You wouldn’t do that when applying to university.
DagenhamDaisy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Oneiropólos)

But guess what,

To sum it all up,

Hi please don't refer to yourself as stupid, you're giving them your results and are not asking to study French are you? The U gives no context you might have been ill!

Just to point out "stupid actions" are based on adolescent brain development as the pre frontal cortex is still developing so teens cannot always make reasoned judgements and will often do things without thinking.

Please don't call people stupid 😡
SherlockMetson
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wouldn't worry about it. The 6th forms will be looking at whether you met their minimum requirements, your GCSE grades for the A levels you want to study and whether you're likely to work hard enough. No point trying to hide grades, they're declared on the UCAS form anyway. It's really not a big deal..just means French..or at least French exams...is possibly not your thing. Good luck with A levels.
username3444162
Rep:
?
(Original post by DagenhamDaisy)
Hi please don't refer to yourself as stupid, you're giving them your results and are not asking to study French are you? The U gives no context you might have been ill!

Just to point out "stupid actions" are based on adolescent brain development as the pre frontal cortex is still developing so teens cannot always make reasoned judgements and will often do things without thinking.

Please don't call people stupid 😡
Thanks, made me laugh lol, but you’re right though, thanks for the reply!
username3444162
Rep:
?
(Original post by SherlockMetson)
Wouldn't worry about it. The 6th forms will be looking at whether you met their minimum requirements, your GCSE grades for the A levels you want to study and whether you're likely to work hard enough. No point trying to hide grades, they're declared on the UCAS form anyway. It's really not a big deal..just means French..or at least French exams...is possibly not your thing. Good luck with A levels.
Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (196)
60.31%
No (71)
21.85%
Not sure (58)
17.85%

Watched Threads