👽GCSE Exam Board purposely get the results wrong to get remark-money👽 Watch

Ratchet Hoe
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Conspiracy Theory
GCSE Exam Board has possibly on purpose got some of the GCSE results wrong/mixed up so that they get more money from remarks. 👽👽👽👽☠️

A lot of people in English Language especially have got their results botched and are remarking it. Was it done purposely? Who knows... ✨✨☕️
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's just ridiculous. The pressure on examiners are such that sometimes things will go wrong but honestly it's not gonna be intentional.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14)
That's just ridiculous. The pressure on examiners are such that sometimes things will go wrong but honestly it's not gonna be intentional.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe... you never know... 👽👽👽
taranmistry
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
it is true I got a grade 6 in history got it re-marked and I got a 8
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by taranmistry)
it is true I got a grade 6 in history got it re-marked and I got a 8
Oh girl...
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
UMS marks are now no longer on exam sheets for everything; we have to request them. Exam boards don’t like being called into question for remarks because it means they’re under scrutiny for marking wrong in the first place.
_princessxox
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I thought you get your money back if they did mess up tho
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, but if the grade actually does go up, the money has to be returned. They would only generate revenue if the grade didn't go up, which it definitely sometimes does.
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FloralHybrid)
UMS marks are now no longer on exam sheets for everything; we have to request them. Exam boards don’t like being called into question for remarks because it means they’re under scrutiny for marking wrong in the first place.
UMS doesn't exist any more. You have access to the raw marks via your exams officer however there is absolutely nothing stopping schools from putting it on the results sheet, that is their choice not the exam boards (although it would be time consuming for them)

Posted from TSR Mobile
FloralHybrid
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lemur14)
UMS doesn't exist any more. You have access to the raw marks via your exams officer however there is absolutely nothing stopping schools from putting it on the results sheet, that is their choice not the exam boards (although it would be time consuming for them)

Posted from TSR Mobile
It’s through choice of the school?

I’m sure I read somewhere that to limit remarks they were gonna take marks off our results sheets. Strange
Lemur14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

I’m sure I read somewhere that to limit remarks they were gonna take marks off our results sheets. Strange
Technically yes. The way the school receives the marks is by subject so for large schools it is unlikely they would manually enter them all to your results sheet, but they could (and many smaller schools do)
Definitely not linked to that, they're currently limiting remarks with a relatively new system instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sir Cumference
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ratchet Hoe)
Conspiracy Theory
GCSE Exam Board has possibly on purpose got some of the GCSE results wrong/mixed up so that they get more money from remarks. 👽👽👽👽☠️

A lot of people in English Language especially have got their results botched and are remarking it. Was it done purposely? Who knows... ✨✨☕️
How do you know that their results were botched?
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?

Exactly! When I got my results, I was wondering where my marks were! I mean, they still have our marks because some people had a label to go to a senior member of staff as their marks were close to the next level. Still weird though
Ratchet Hoe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notnek)
How do you know that their results were botched?
It’s just strange how so many people that I know and have seen have kind of got the same grade... 💀💀💀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (65)
65.66%
No I haven't decided yet (21)
21.21%
Yes but I might change my mind (13)
13.13%

Watched Threads