Cure Ange
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
do u need to be good at english.......I got a 5......they might not let me take it............help!!!!!........arguments for why I SHOULD take it....please...thank you!!!
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
5 is equivalent to a C right? That should be fine, although you may need a B in maths.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cure Ange)
do u need to be good at english.......I got a 5......they might not let me take it............help!!!!!........arguments for why I SHOULD take it....please...thank you!!!
You need to be able to write good coherent essays.
GalGirl101
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You need to write good essays so as long as you can do that you're fine. Your school may have it's own restrictions like mine did
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you mean for A Level, or are you looking further ahead at studying it at university?

If it's at A Level, it's just the same as any other essay based subject, in that you need to write coherently. I would say that if you were looking forward to degree level then writing is more important, but so long as you have a pass at GCSE you wouldn't be denied.

I would recommend at least a B in GCSE maths though. There is a lot of stats work in psychology (I have a degree in it) and although the stats are quite simple at A Level, you could still struggle if you don't have a firm grasp of statistics.
ilovefruit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cure Ange)
I studied psychology at a level and got an A and B at English Lang and lit. I honestly don't think you'd struggle, yeah there are essay style questions but once you understand the structure they are looking for you'll be absolutely fine. Personally I would say, at least for the exam board I did, they didn't mark us too much on written structure but it was just a matter of memorizing all the facts and evaluation points .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (170)
44.27%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.94%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.07%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.38%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.73%

Watched Threads