Repeating year 12? Watch

krn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I finished year 12. Got my AS mock results and I passed (surprisingly). I got CCCB. But I have strict parents that want top grades, so my parents want me to repeat year 12 because they’re not happy. I passed and think I should continue on to year 13. I’ve had mental issues like depression and anxiety, and my parents think if I carry on to year 13 I might fail my A levels (unless I get my **** together). They really hate the college I’m at right now. What do I do? Should I repeat year 12 and try to get better grades or go to year 13? What if I repeat year 12 and get worse grades? What if I fail year 13? Either way I look at it, I’m ****ed. I just need to pass and go to uni but my parents want me to get better grades and repeat the year. Please help.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
nicolegrace1207
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by krn)
I finished year 12. Got my AS mock results and I passed (surprisingly). I got CCCB. But I have strict parents that want top grades, so my parents want me to repeat year 12 because they’re not happy. I passed and think I should continue on to year 13. I’ve had mental issues like depression and anxiety, and my parents think if I carry on to year 13 I might fail my A levels (unless I get my **** together). They really hate the college I’m at right now. What do I do? Should I repeat year 12 and try to get better grades or go to year 13? What if I repeat year 12 and get worse grades? What if I fail year 13? Either way I look at it, I’m ****ed. I just need to pass and go to uni but my parents want me to get better grades and repeat the year. Please help.
I repeated year 12 at a different college because my grades in my mocks were CEE, even tho my college let me stay for year 13, my anxiety and mental health just weren’t going to let me pass my a levels so I went to a way better college where it was more chilled out and relaxed and j could work at my own pace and it was the best thing I ever done. It’s highly unlikely you’ll fail your a levels if you repeat year 12, since you’re gonna spend a whole year just relearning things so it’ll be implanted in your brain !! If you’re going to repeat, go to a different college where you’re happier
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed