norethisterone Tablets Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi,
I recently took norethisterone tablets 3 times a day for a month whilst I was on holiday. When I needed them there wasn't any appointments with the doctor so I was just given a prescription for them and I was unable to ask questions. When I got back from my holiday I started my period 5 days after stopping them and I have had extremely bad stomach pains and my period is very heavy and lots of clots (tmi ik sorry). I was wondering if anybody knows if my first period since coming off the tablets should be it's usual length (6days) and for how long my periods should by this heavy? Also I'm going away at Christmas and wondering if anyone knows any alternatives to norethisterone To delay my period . Thanks x
thlhfk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey, have you tried tranexamic acid? You can take these tablets as well as norethisterone, but it’s quite a few tablets to remember to take each day x
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #2
Report 11 months ago
Hi
I’ve used norethistrone many times and yes you can get a horrid heavy period afterwards. Not sure on alternatives though.
LoneWulf27
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey I'm currently on day 7 of withdrawal bleed and it doesn't look like its stopping my advice is to not take them as they seriously mess ur bleeding and periods up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (211)
12.76%
Excited (147)
8.89%
Worried (300)
18.15%
Terrified (374)
22.63%
Meh (151)
9.13%
Confused (36)
2.18%
Putting on a brave face (226)
13.67%
Impatient (208)
12.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise