The Student Room Group

BTEC applied science level 3 what can i become?

when i move onto university can i study dentistry, pharmacy or possibly work in a hospital
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
you can definitely study pharmacy at a lot of unis just check their requirements if they allow btec level 3. im not too sure for dentistry and what do you mean by "possibly work in a hospital"?
Reply 3
Original post by Alibino
you can definitely study pharmacy at a lot of unis just check their requirements if they allow btec level 3. im not too sure for dentistry and what do you mean by "possibly work in a hospital"?

i mean maybe becoming a GP doctor?
Original post by kookie-bts
when i move onto university can i study dentistry, pharmacy or possibly work in a hospital

Hospital receptionist?
Reply 5
Original post by Student1191
Hospital receptionist?

A general practitioner, also called a GP or generalist, is a physician who does not specialize in one particular area of medicine. GPs provide routine health care (e.g., physical examinations, immunizations) and assess and treat many different conditions, including illnesses and injuries.
^^ thats what it is basically
I think Cardiff accepts your qualifications for medicine
A general practitioner, also called a GP or generalist, is a physician who does not specialize in one particular area of medicine. GPs provide routine health care (e.g., physical examinations, immunizations) and assess and treat many different conditions, including illnesses and injuries.
^^ thats what it is basically

I’m aware. Why are you telling me this? Are you woman splaining?
Reply 8
I’m aware. Why are you telling me this? Are you woman splaining?

sorry what is a woman splaining? I'm just a 16-year-old girl who doesn't know what to do in the future, so i was just asking for advice :smile:
sorry what is a woman splaining? I'm just a 16-year-old girl who doesn't know what to do in the future, so i was just asking for advice :smile:

Yeah and I suggested something to you and then you explained what a GP is to me for no reason. Woman splaining is where a woman explains something to a man in a condescending way
Yeah and I suggested something to you and then you explained what a GP is to me for no reason. Woman splaining is where a woman explains something to a man in a condescending way

no no, because you said hospital receptionist which is not related to GP doctor so I explained the meaning as I thought you didn't know. anyways thank you for your suggestion it was helpful
to become a gp you would need to study medicine which usually requires 3 As at a level. there are exceptions for foundation years which if youre eligible you can get in with lower grades like BBC-ABB but u would have to check the uni. some foundation years for medicine do allow btec students but doing a levels is better choice in most cases
Original post by Alibino
to become a gp you would need to study medicine which usually requires 3 As at a level. there are exceptions for foundation years which if youre eligible you can get in with lower grades like BBC-ABB but u would have to check the uni. some foundation years for medicine do allow btec students but doing a levels is better choice in most cases

thanks for your reply i am thinking of changing btec into a level. and also im thinking of taking biology and chemistry but not maths is that okay for most uni
thanks for your reply i am thinking of changing btec into a level. and also im thinking of taking biology and chemistry but not maths is that okay for most uni

Most universities would require taking a Biology A-Level, Chemistry A-Level and then a choice of either Maths or Physics A-Level. If you don't want to take maths then I'd strongly advise you to take Physics (and visa versa) :smile:
Original post by theywereblue
Most universities would require taking a Biology A-Level, Chemistry A-Level and then a choice of either Maths or Physics A-Level. If you don't want to take maths then I'd strongly advise you to take Physics (and visa versa) :smile:

chemistry and biology is literally one of my best subjects but i know for a fact that if i take maths or physics i will fail because these are the two subjects im the worse in. what do you think i should choose instead of phy and maths, how about psychology but will it still allow me to become an doctor
what is an undergraduate bsc
what is an undergraduate bsc

It's a Bachelor of Science undergraduate degree

Quick Reply

Latest