English lit and lang remark offered risky or worth it? Watch

tetigot
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For both I got a 6. My school has offered a remark since I was predicted 1/2 grades higher and I’ve already consented however now I’m a bit scared that I could actually go down I’m wondering if it’s worth getting it remarked.

The grade 6 boundary for language was 97 and I got 104 ( only 7 marks in so worried I could fall down ) and I was 4 marks away from the grade 7 boundary which is 108

For literature the 6 boundary was 91 and I got 100 and 7 boundary was 106

Is there any chance of me going up a grade in either as I know 4 marks off and 6 marks off isn’t that close.

Moving up to 7 would be very important to me as it would look better for application to med.

( Edit : I did aqa if that makes a difference )
ruthf
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tetigot)
For both I got a 6. My school has offered a remark since I was predicted 1/2 grades higher and I’ve already consented however now I’m a bit scared that I could actually go down I’m wondering if it’s worth getting it remarked.

The grade 6 boundary for language was 97 and I got 104 ( only 7 marks in so worried I could fall down ) and I was 4 marks away from the grade 7 boundary which is 108

For literature the 6 boundary was 91 and I got 100 and 7 boundary was 106

Is there any chance of me going up a grade in either as I know 4 marks off and 6 marks off isn’t that close.

Moving up to 7 would be very important to me as it would look better for application to med.

( Edit : I did aqa if that makes a difference )
Honestly the chances of it moving that much are slim. Examiners are trained well and also exam boards do not like to admit that they mark incorrectly, it would undermine people’s trust in the system. I highly doubt that you will drop that many marks to fall below, but unfortunately the same goes for going up. If the remark is free then I would go for it. You never know what will happen but it is important to realise that it is unlikely that anything will change and if it does it will most likely be 1 or 2 marks.
tetigot
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Thank you !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (46)
65.71%
No I haven't decided yet (16)
22.86%
Yes but I might change my mind (8)
11.43%

Watched Threads