Neeka999
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I just received my GCSE results yesterday. I want to study medicine and I am taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Spanish for A Level.

Maths: 9
English Lit: A*
English Language: A
Biology: B
Chemistry: 8
Physics: A*
RS: 9
Latin: 8
German: A*
Spanish: A*

Are these grades okay for all universities to do medicine? I’m really worried about Biology because I really wasn’t expecting a B but I think I had a bad day. Will this greatly affect my future to do medicine? Can someone please recommend what I should do, if I remark it I’m 7 marks away from the next boundary and I just don’t know what to do?

Please help thanks
mylifeisajoke
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Usually, unis mainly single out maths and English language, which you have done well with. I'd say your GCSE's would be good for medicine.
Neeka999
Rep:
?
(Original post by mylifeisajoke)
Usually, unis mainly single out maths and English language, which you have done well with. I'd say your GCSE's would be good for medicine.
Are you sure Biology won’t cause a problem because I’m really worried about that?
csva
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I recommend just looking at certain uni requirements and seeing whether they will accept a B for GCSE Biology. Also by a B, did you mean a 6?

Some universities may accept a 6, while some universities look for higher, while some universities don't mind what you get at GCSE as long as you meet the standard A-Level offer.

Great set of results though!!
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Neeka999)
I just received my GCSE results yesterday. I want to study medicine and I am taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Spanish for A Level.

Maths: 9
English Lit: A*
English Language: A
Biology: B
Chemistry: 8
Physics: A*
RS: 9
Latin: 8
German: A*
Spanish: A*

Are these grades okay for all universities to do medicine? I’m really worried about Biology because I really wasn’t expecting a B but I think I had a bad day. Will this greatly affect my future to do medicine? Can someone please recommend what I should do, if I remark it I’m 7 marks away from the next boundary and I just don’t know what to do?

Please help thanks
As above, it is mainly English and Maths (that individual grades matter at GCSE). However you may still want to avoid the GCSE-heavy universities. You can't change anything now, concentrate on your Year 12 and 13 studies (you need to aim for at least AAA), UKCAT / BMAT, work experience and personal statement. Hope for an / several interview(s) and that's all that you can do now!
mylifeisajoke
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Neeka999)
Are you sure Biology won’t cause a problem because I’m really worried about that?
As long as you're doing A Level Biology you should be fine. If they do ask you why you only got a B in bio say that you underestimated it at GCSE and get an A or A* in A-Level to show you pulled up your socks.
Neeka999
Rep:
?
(Original post by mylifeisajoke)
As long as you're doing A Level Biology you should be fine. If they do ask you why you only got a B in bio say that you underestimated it at GCSE and get an A or A* in A-Level to show you pulled up your socks.
I feel like i tried really hard but I worked so hard on chemistry and maths cause I was so worried I would get lower that i kind of just thought it’s biology I’m fine. I think i could have done more but it’s motivation for next time i guess.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (46)
26.9%
No (125)
73.1%

Watched Threads