I haven't done much work over the summer and I'm stressed out

Watch
juicyapples
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
As the title says, I haven't done much work over the summer leading into year 13. I've re-made my notes for Biology units 1 and 2 since they weren't up to the standards that I'd like (they're like 40 pages in total) and then I made some geography notes, but I haven't finished the last sections (can be done quickly), and I haven't done enough maths at all. I haven't worked hard enough on the topics that I struggle with like mechanics and a few stats sections. I've done some but not enough at all for maths. I've written 600 words for my personal statement so far.. I am so screwed beyond belief. This summer I also did work experience. I am stressing out so badly and I have anxiety.. It would be a miracle if I got BBB I'm thinking now in the end. I'm predicted A*AA but I'm literally shaking right now because I've slacked off during the summer and haven't worked as hard as I should have. What do I do? Is it all too late?
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don't get yourself worked up. It sounds like you've done a lot and if you've managed to relax that's all the better. You have a whole year until your exams. There are loads of people out there scaremongering about this that you must do x amount of work over the summer but it's all a load of crap. You have plenty of time and the summer is in no way decisive. There's no reason to be disappointed with the amount you've done, you have like 2 weeks left anyway.
ashaxo99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
lots of people do no work over the summer and end up with fantastic grades. you don't need to do work over the summer and you can still end up with As and A*s (speaking from experience). also, as long as you have a general idea of the type of stuff you want to include in your personal statement, that's fine and it seems you have got a general idea. so relax! don't worry! you needed this summer to relax and rejuvenate, work really hard in year 13, you'll catch up (even though you're really not behind) and it'll pay off!
Universe42
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I know lots of people who burnt out early- remember to pace yourself well or you will lose motivation at the most crucial time.
Good luck!
xx
Bogotá
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have done no work at all over the summer. Not a problem.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (144)
42.73%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.57%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.36%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.93%

Watched Threads