aaron_wiss
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I got my GCSE results yesterday and I managed only passing one. Honestly I've never felt so low in my life. Just watching others in my year group, celebrating and congratulating each other on Facebook just hurts me so much. I just feel horrible and ending it all. That might come across as incredibly extreme but it doesn't stop me from meaning it. Knowing that my family are hiding behind masks when they say things like "it'll be fine" and "don't worry about it" just kills me because I know secretly pain and disappointment is spreading through them like a cancer. All this might be going over the top but what the **** is left for me anymore? My future's ****ed, my relationships are ****ed and my mind is the worst mess it's ever been. Don't think I'm asking for sympathy because I'm not, I know that it's my fault and I've taken full responsibility for myself failing but it's got to the point now that I've had to resort to asking strangers on the internet for advice. If you've made it this far, you don't have to respond but thanks for at least hearing me out.
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what were your plans for the future
Joshyouare
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Pretty sure it was Jeremy Clarkson the other day who said something like "I didn't pass any of my A Levels but I'm still deciding which Range Rover to use today".

Although Jeremy Clarkson is a ***; he does have a point, there's a route for everyone.
HGS345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aaron_wiss)
I got my GCSE results yesterday and I managed only passing one. Honestly I've never felt so low in my life. Just watching others in my year group, celebrating and congratulating each other on Facebook just hurts me so much. I just feel horrible and ending it all. That might come across as incredibly extreme but it doesn't stop me from meaning it. Knowing that my family are hiding behind masks when they say things like "it'll be fine" and "don't worry about it" just kills me because I know secretly pain and disappointment is spreading through them like a cancer. All this might be going over the top but what the **** is left for me anymore? My future's ****ed, my relationships are ****ed and my mind is the worst mess it's ever been. Don't think I'm asking for sympathy because I'm not, I know that it's my fault and I've taken full responsibility for myself failing but it's got to the point now that I've had to resort to asking strangers on the internet for advice. If you've made it this far, you don't have to respond but thanks for at least hearing me out.
If your not looking for sympathy then that's good, I can be straight up with you. It's not the end of your future, this is one failure. You can still retake your GCSEs and get far better grades, this time approaching them from a wiser perspective. I'm sure if you retake you'll get far better grades. 1 more year of your life studying is not a big deal. Just go for it.

And even if you decide not to continue with your GCSEs, theirs plenty of apprenticeships that you can get into, or other alternative courses that you'll need to look into, as I'm not qualified to speak about those things.
username3242698
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got 2A*s 4As 4Bs on my GCSEs but I still applied to go to college because I massively underestimated how well I'd do because of a lack of confidence. At the college, I wanted to apply for a Level 3 Diploma (if I wasnt going to 6th form, I wanted the BEST alternative), and they told me that people who get terrible grades at GCSE apply for a Level 1 Diploma, but, using hard work, can upgrade from Level 1 at the start of college to exiting college with a level 3. So essentially they start with the very basic Level 1 course and prove to their teachers that they can improve the standard of Diploma and climb the ladder to the harder Level 2, and then Level 3, and then they can potentially STILL go to uni. At GCSE results day, I got way better than what I thought and chose 6th form. Options are always open to you.
On A Level results day last year I got A* B C, and was the ONLY person in my class to get a C (further maths, everyone was seemingly a genius but me) so I've had low feelings about results, but I resat papers this year, and last week I got my A Level results and got a B (A* BB final results); so you can see that there are various ways of redeeming yourself, I think the main thing is to be patient. If you need to start at a Level 1 college Diploma, then so be it, people have been known to climb the ladder against all odds and still go to uni. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (14)
25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (35)
62.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads