The Student Room Group

Art GCSE 2018 grade wrong?

This is for Edexcel (Pearson) Art, Craft & Design GCSE 2018.

My teacher gave me my raw art mark (131) in May. My results sheet says 131 as the mark, but Pearson booklet says the results sheet should show the adapted mark (component 1 multiplied by scale of 1.5), never the raw mark.

Is anyone else's art mark on their results sheet the same as the raw mark they were given in May?

Everyone I've spoken to in my class has this, and their grades are lower than they were predicted.

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Kayyem2
My teacher gave me my raw art mark (131) in May. My results sheet says 131 as the mark, but Pearson booklet says the results sheet should show the adapted mark (component 1 multiplied by scale of 1.5), never the raw mark.

Is anyone else's art mark on their results sheet the same as the raw mark they were given in May?

Everyone I've spoken to in my class has this, and their grades are lower than they were predicted.

Im not sure but I also took art and I think I ended up getting the same raw mark as my result. So I think it might have been a mistake. But I passed anyway so Im happy.
Reply 2
Original post by Dotstar2002
Im not sure but I also took art and I think I ended up getting the same raw mark as my result. So I think it might have been a mistake. But I passed anyway so Im happy.

Ah ok, that's interesting - were you on Edexcel? (Sorry, should've clarified that.) Well done for passing, I'm glad you were happy with it!
Original post by Kayyem2
Ah ok, that's interesting - were you on Edexcel? (Sorry, should've clarified that.) Well done for passing, I'm glad you were happy with it!

Yes I was on edexcel.

Quick Reply

Latest