username4100020
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello I would like to sit my a levels as a private candidate do any of you think that I would be able to carry coursework over and just sit written exams
username4100020
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Bump
vessa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Coursework is marked 'internally' (not by the exam board, but by your teacher or equivalent) so you would either need to register for the exam through your school (they usually let you do this for a fee) so that a teacher can mark it, or find an exam board that doesn't require coursework.

If you are resisting your exam, you have to resit ALL the components (at least for reformed A-levels), which would mean redoing your coursework and having it remarked.
aspiringbiomedic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by vessa)
Coursework is marked 'internally' (not by the exam board, but by your teacher or equivalent) so you would either need to register for the exam through your school (they usually let you do this for a fee) so that a teacher can mark it, or find an exam board that doesn't require coursework.

If you are resisting your exam, you have to resit ALL the components (at least for reformed A-levels), which would mean redoing your coursework and having it remarked.
Wrong. The second bit anyways, AQA allows you to transfer NEA (non-exam assessment) marks for most reformed A-levels. This depends on the exam board, so you would just have to resit the exam components...
aspiringbiomedic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by History warrior)
Hello I would like to sit my a levels as a private candidate do any of you think that I would be able to carry coursework over and just sit written exams
You can with AQA if it's under non-exam assessment (NEA), I enquired about carrying over my Alevel reformed coursework marks. I would double check with the subject you're doing and the exam board. I think nearly all A-levels call them NEA, instead of "coursework" because its what teachers and students refer to them as all the time. A-levels weren't 'meant' to be designed with coursework so they termed the fancy abbreviation NEA. It's supposed to be 100% exam (Otherwise, what's the difference between A-levels and BTECs) so there are only few subjects with NEA such as Computer Science and English etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.28%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.56%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.57%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.33%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (59)
27.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.39%

Watched Threads