The Student Room Group

selling nudes

is morally questionable

anyway would really appreciate recommendation for laptops (or maybe notebooks, since I'd prefer smaller sizes cause I bike to school and I'd rather not have to lug 17 inches of hardware on my back as I try to peddle away from inevitable death on the intersections).

Large RAM preferable (in order to store lots of files etc.) but nothing too flashy needed since it's for sixth form/uni. Maximum budget £600 so the only apples I'm getting are the ones I nick from my sister that she nicks from tescos.

Please please please send help!! My dad usually sorts out stuff like this but he left us a couple months ago :/
(edited 5 years ago)
You are not looking for ram in a laptop, as long as It has a 1tb hard drive you will be fine. For school work 4gb RAM is good but if you are doing more demanding work, 8GB is better. A graphics card is not needed in a laptop unless you need the laptop for graphical rendering at a fast rate. Hope this helped, pm me if you want more help.
pls i've been thru enough emotional trauma :'(
Original post by ColdChicken
You are not looking for ram in a laptop, as long as It has a 1tb hard drive you will be fine. For school work 4gb RAM is good but if you are doing more demanding work, 8GB is better. A graphics card is not needed in a laptop unless you need the laptop for graphical rendering at a fast rate. Hope this helped, pm me if you want more help.

thank you, are there any specific ones that you could recommend?
henlo
No not any ones specifically, but look for one with at least 4GB DDR4 RAM, a 1TB HDD and a CPU which has at least 2 cores, 4 preferably especially if you want to game. I would recommend a CPU which is not any older than a 7th generation CPU (this is only so that it will work for longer, more efficiently).

If it was me I would look for:
500GB / 1TB (1000GB) HDD’s

4GB DDR4 RAM

A Core i3 or i5 CPU which is 7th generation or later.
No not any ones specifically, but look for one with at least 4GB DDR4 RAM, a 1TB HDD and a CPU which has at least 2 cores, 4 preferably especially if you want to game. I would recommend a CPU which is not any older than a 7th generation CPU (this is only so that it will work for longer, more efficiently).

If it was me I would look for:
500GB / 1TB (1000GB) HDD’s

4GB DDR4 RAM

A Core i3 or i5 CPU which is 7th generation or later.

i don't understand that language but thank you for your help. do you think lenova is a good brand? I searched for core i5 ones and so far there's a loada them
plz
bump
rip
came here with some cash in my pocket, i must say im quite dissapointed
got 'em
If you have found any laptop that you like, you can place the link in the thread and ask the people for advice. Lenovo is good. Again you need to be more specific on what you will be doing on the laptop.
What is the weight of the laptop that you are good with? Less than 2kg or 1.5kg?
What is the screen size that you are look for?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BQ9XFM7/ref=psdc_429886031_t1_B07664YDZB

It does not have large storage but you can buy a portable hdd.
Hey sorry for no reply, if you find one that you like try and find out what generation the CPU is (the generation is how old it is, 1 is old 8 is the newest)
No not any ones specifically, but look for one with at least 4GB DDR4 RAM ...

I'd advise against buying anything these days with less than 8GB RAM.

4GB would have been a bad move two years ago.

If for financial reasons you are looking at a system with 4GB RAM, then (a) make sure it has 64-bit Windows installed; and (b) that it's possible for to upgrade the RAM later. Otherwise in a year or two you'll be looking the buy a new laptop rather than considering an upgrade to your existing one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending