Can the school deny me an extra year I need for another A Level Watch

nutochina91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay, I have been having multiple meetings about me doing another A Level. I chose to redo my GCSE Biology but I didn't reach the entry requirements again. I needed to get a 6 and I got a 5. Now they are forcing me to do AS statistics and english language again. I want to do another A Level but they are not allowing me. What do I do? Can I still get into uni without 3 A Level equivalents?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nutochina91)
Okay, I have been having multiple meetings about me doing another A Level. I chose to redo my GCSE Biology but I didn't reach the entry requirements again. I needed to get a 6 and I got a 5. Now they are forcing me to do AS statistics and english language again. I want to do another A Level but they are not allowing me. What do I do? Can I still get into uni without 3 A Level equivalents?
Can you redraft that? I find it hard to understand.

What year are you in this September?

What A levels are you doing?

When do you sit the full A level exams?

What qualifications will you get by next year?

What is it you want to do?
nutochina91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Can you redraft that? I find it hard to understand.

What year are you in this September?

What A levels are you doing?

When do you sit the full A level exams?

What qualifications will you get by next year?

What is it you want to do?
I’m going to be in yr 13 by September.
I am doing computer science and games development but also did gcse Biology in hopes of getting the right grade for A Level biology. I didn’t I got a 5 but I needed a 6. So I want to do another A Level but the college won’t allow it instead they’re placing me into AS statistics. Which will leave me with 2 A Levels and one AS. Which is not good for Uni since I need 3 A Levels
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nutochina91)
I’m going to be in yr 13 by September.
I am doing computer science and games development but also did gcse Biology in hopes of getting the right grade for A Level biology. I didn’t I got a 5 but I needed a 6. So I want to do another A Level but the college won’t allow it instead they’re placing me into AS statistics. Which will leave me with 2 A Levels and one AS. Which is not good for Uni since I need 3 A Levels

AS are pretty useless for uni entrance. neither one thing or the other and plenty of unis refuse them. Do they do BTEC subsidiary diplomas as they are equivalent to 1 A level and can be done in a year? A level Biology would have been a strange A level to take with whatever it is you are doing? You wont get into uni without English language. Its unlikely you could have done Biology in a year anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (50)
18.38%
Labour (110)
40.44%
Liberal Democrats (56)
20.59%
Green Party (17)
6.25%
Brexit Party (7)
2.57%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.47%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.84%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)