The Student Room Group

Um... Will My Grades Get Me On Drag Race, Or A King Charles II Party?

Scroll to see replies

revision mainly:frown: and doing extra work, the usual a level stuff:bored:
have got church tomorrow at least
Monday 14th January 2019 - new timetable-ish
Today has been a complete mix up as we got our 'new timetables' where we swap classes with the other half of the class.

M E D I A S T U D I E S
We looked at advertisements and representation in these advertisements, focusing on the H&M one representing women. I managed to get a lot written stuff down on the page (well my iPad) so I'm very pleased with myself. :rave:

I C T
Continued on with my coursework while also planning how to avoid PE later on in the week. :u:

S L
Don't know what this stands for but I have this for the rest of the year instead of careers. I'm planning on trying to get most of my ICT coursework done this class. We were first told we were going to PE but then careers and then SL so a lot of time has been consumed by walking :rolleyes:.

H I S T O R Y
Our teacher isn't in again apparently so this class I will either finish my ICT coursework or make a start on my Media Studies coursework, unless there is work left for us (probably a 2A/B question again). :dontknow:

S T U D Y P E R I O D
I'm planning on going to my year head's room for the hour because I just don't want to be in study today, mostly because I want to listen to music without earphones.

QOTD: Favourite cold dessert?

Spoiler

p.s. i'm ready to drop out of this school and go full time online because i am sick of people xxx
cheesecake or ice cream:gah:
Anything with chocolate and cream :tongue:
Tueaday 15th January 2019 - *inaudible screeching*
The noise level was atrocious! Two people in particular did feck all one class, and when the bell rang gave off a sort of "lol didn't do work" vibe.

M E D I A S T U D I E S
Continuing on with the advertisements we watched Guinness advert campaigns, discussing why they use their techniques, slogan, "lifestyle" and voiceover. For the first time in a long time everyone arrived to class punctually, completed their work, weren't very loud and had moderate discussions. I'm shocked! :eek: Overall a very productive class, especially as we got to talk about stereotypes and how adverts like these promote inclusion.

I C T
We started P7 and P8 which is a personal development plan we were supposed to update and add to as we went along (oops :burnout:). It's not due until next week but I finished it within 20 minutes :jive:

H I S T O R Y
So yeah, we started Russia! :rave: We are looking at the background to why they had the revolution, going back as early as 1905. I spent the evening finalising my own notes on this topic to get prepared for future revision

S T U D Y P E R I O D
I practice some 30 marker questions for history and also talked with my friend about how bad the favourtism in my school is getting really really obvious once again :dontknow: (and I'm one of the so called 'favoured' students because I do my work, cooperate with teachers, volunteer a lot of the time and overall contribute a hell of a lot to the school to be 'honoured').

QOTD: Have you ever had hot nuts?

Spoiler

I''ve had roasted walnuts with salt before :drool: yum yum
Original post by laurawatt
I''ve had roasted walnuts with salt before :drool: yum yum

Oh lovely
Wednesday 16th, Thursday 17th and Friday 18th January 2019 - *Makes them high heels work*
I can say I've had an incredibly productive week! I got lots of work finished earlier than expected and made the most out of the school's facilities.

M E D I A S T U D I E S
Wednesday: Helped out my classmates with Photoshop work as I just didn't want to do my own :colone:
Thursday: Talked about how Barnardo's and other charities use shock tactics to get people to help donate. My class made a joke that I should be the teacher because I could elaborate so well :jive:. Not my real passion anyway but ok.
Friday: I spent the class sleeping because I brought a pillow into school :tong: I printed off extra notes though!

I C T
Wednesday: Spent the class watching drag race side shows and reading over Media notes I printed off.
Thursday: Started how to protect computers and servers from vunerabilities like viruses.
Friday: Finished off the protection section of the unit giving myself less work to do.

H I S T O R Y
Wednesday: Looked briefly at communism but didn't really at the same time if you get me?
Thursday: Much more focus on communism and why the Russians wanted it back in 1917 I suppose
Friday: Looked at the February revolution and also had a small test on the stages of communism.

S T U D Y P E R I O D
Wednesday: Briefly looked at my Media notes before browsing the internet (lol)
Thursday: I read and highlighted Media notes and actually managed to finish them.
Friday: Made notes on the Febuary Revolution and managed to finish this too.

QOTD: Weekend plans?
I'm planning on focusing on history on Saturday, and on Sunday I'm planning to focus on Media.

Spoiler

Original post by emilynxlan
Wednesday 16th, Thursday 17th and Friday 18th January 2019 - *Makes them high heels work*
I can say I've had an incredibly productive week! I got lots of work finished earlier than expected and made the most out of the school's facilities.

M E D I A S T U D I E S
Wednesday: Helped out my classmates with Photoshop work as I just didn't want to do my own :colone:
Thursday: Talked about how Barnardo's and other charities use shock tactics to get people to help donate. My class made a joke that I should be the teacher because I could elaborate so well :jive:. Not my real passion anyway but ok.
Friday: I spent the class sleeping because I brought a pillow into school :tong: I printed off extra notes though!

I C T
Wednesday: Spent the class watching drag race side shows and reading over Media notes I printed off.
Thursday: Started how to protect computers and servers from vunerabilities like viruses.
Friday: Finished off the protection section of the unit giving myself less work to do.

H I S T O R Y
Wednesday: Looked briefly at communism but didn't really at the same time if you get me?
Thursday: Much more focus on communism and why the Russians wanted it back in 1917 I suppose
Friday: Looked at the February revolution and also had a small test on the stages of communism.

S T U D Y P E R I O D
Wednesday: Briefly looked at my Media notes before browsing the internet (lol)
Thursday: I read and highlighted Media notes and actually managed to finish them.
Friday: Made notes on the Febuary Revolution and managed to finish this too.

QOTD: Weekend plans?
I'm planning on focusing on history on Saturday, and on Sunday I'm planning to focus on Media.

Spoiler

Sounds like you've been very productive. For me I couldn't tell that it happens to be just 2 weeks since I returned to school since the festive break. The workload has been creeping up and it won't stop but I do have an A3 sheet that the history department made which details everything we need to do right up to the A-Level exams. A similar thing is being done for sociology but I have mixed feelings about my teacher and I'm not sure what else is planned for economics.

This weekend I haven't really got a set plan which isn't ideal. Essentially I'll be doing a mixture of things and I need to be careful about not burning out/and my physical and mental well-being. I'm going to write a blog update in due course.
dw life>grades + it seems like ur living everyday to its fullest so gg : )
congrats on being productive! im heading into central london to take some photos for my art
glad to hear you were productive. just doing work this weekend:bored:
Reply 472
Lol I’m currently watching all stars season 4, so much tea.
I think Ru said some things about trans and bio drag queens.
You seem creative so I’d say you can probably do drag outfits and stuff like that if you want to work on the show (lol a lot of queens don’t make their own outfits). Some of the clothes on there leave lady gaga quaking.
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Sounds like you've been very productive. For me I couldn't tell that it happens to be just 2 weeks since I returned to school since the festive break. The workload has been creeping up and it won't stop but I do have an A3 sheet that the history department made which details everything we need to do right up to the A-Level exams. A similar thing is being done for sociology but I have mixed feelings about my teacher and I'm not sure what else is planned for economics.

This weekend I haven't really got a set plan which isn't ideal. Essentially I'll be doing a mixture of things and I need to be careful about not burning out/and my physical and mental well-being. I'm going to write a blog update in due course.

My classmates have not really been working on school work as much as they were before the break so I'm worried about them tbh. One I know has a genuine excuse but the rest of them seem to be playing 8 ball or something :afraid:
At least we don't spend the day on TikTok making cringy music videos and stuff like that :nope:
Original post by UrWelcome
dw life>grades + it seems like ur living everyday to its fullest so gg : )

i spend every waking moment tracking and following drag performers or getting 30 videos deep into a history topic depends on my mood :eek3:
Original post by mez_merising
congrats on being productive! im heading into central london to take some photos for my art

thank you! i had to take photos last week and ugh it was so annoying having to leave the house :nope:. the audacity
Original post by entertainmyfaith
glad to hear you were productive. just doing work this weekend:bored:

productivity at the peak of the month i say. i think it's because i spend my lunch break in a department of the school away from crowds that makes me want to work more :dontknow: upper sixth energy i guess
Original post by EKIA
Lol I’m currently watching all stars season 4, so much tea.
I think Ru said some things about trans and bio drag queens.
You seem creative so I’d say you can probably do drag outfits and stuff like that if you want to work on the show (lol a lot of queens don’t make their own outfits). Some of the clothes on there leave lady gaga quaking.

season 11 cast reveal tonight!! even though i know who's on it and the rumoured elimination process... oops :colondollar:
i'm not entirely a fan of ru because of a lot of things she's said/done - she should look at drag race thailand for an example at times because that version of the show is so diverse and just incredible. :eek3:
i'm involved in a lot of the local drag scene and a lot of my outfits do contain actual drag queen merch (plus i go to the big drag race tours and from next year i want to go to every drag race queen show here as i'll be 18) so you can guess i'm deep into the rabbit hole :rave:
we stan lady gaga in this household :party:
Reply 474
season 11 cast reveal tonight!! even though i know who's on it and the rumoured elimination process... oops :colondollar:
i'm not entirely a fan of ru because of a lot of things she's said/done - she should look at drag race thailand for an example at times because that version of the show is so diverse and just incredible. :eek3:
i'm involved in a lot of the local drag scene and a lot of my outfits do contain actual drag queen merch (plus i go to the big drag race tours and from next year i want to go to every drag race queen show here as i'll be 18) so you can guess i'm deep into the rabbit hole :rave:
we stan lady gaga in this household :party:

Cast reveal?! Lol what planet have I been on all this time?
I’m going to see the drag queens at drag world this year (and maybe drag con) and werq the world.
I wish I could get involved in drag 😭😭😭 I’ll look into it
Original post by EKIA
Cast reveal?! Lol what planet have I been on all this time?
I’m going to see the drag queens at drag world this year (and maybe drag con) and werq the world.
I wish I could get involved in drag 😭😭😭 I’ll look into it

it's sometime during the airing of tonight's episode
i've met a bunch of them and they're honestly the purest people i can ever look up to, especially monét and manila
Reply 476
it's sometime during the airing of tonight's episode
i've met a bunch of them and they're honestly the purest people i can ever look up to, especially monét and manila

How can you watch it live in the U.K? Is it possible? I can only watch the normal drag race on Netflix and everything else online 😁😁
Original post by EKIA
How can you watch it live in the U.K? Is it possible? I can only watch the normal drag race on Netflix and everything else online 😁😁

Comedy Central! I also use WOWPresents+ and a VPN if I want to rewatch an episode.
Reply 478
Comedy Central! I also use WOWPresents+ and a VPN if I want to rewatch an episode.

What’s the WOW thing? Is it good?
Original post by EKIA
What’s the WOW thing? Is it good?

A bunch of shows with drag queens (and kings), episodes of drag race, untucked, all stars and it’s the same people who make Drag Race thwmselvws

Quick Reply